“Not Great”

Expo Lounge
Ranked #424 of 2,386 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Expo Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bar open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Cocktails weren't great, food only average. Very pricey for what you get. Wouldn't really recommend.... Seem to ignore any requested variation to our meals and the fact we wanted tapas and our main separately.

2  Thank RonanAF
Expo L, General Manager at Expo Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Hi Ronan,

I'm really sorry to read about your experience, especially as it seems like we've fallen short on some fairly basic things. I'd like to get a bit more detail so that I can appropriately address this with the team, iif that's okay with you? If you'd like to contact me directly on 0161 448 2141, I'd be happy to talk to you about your experience and hopefully restore your faith in Expo Lounge!

Expo Lounge | Didsbury

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Enjoyed lunch here on visit to our son. Service was a bit slow, but the food was delicious and waiter very friendly. Good value for money. The only criticism would be that the card machine wasn't working, which they should have got sorted out earlier in the day. Their answer to the machine not working (which we didn't know about until the end of the meal) was ' oh there is a cash machine just down the road' -good job my husband had cash on him as it was tipping down with rain!

Expo L, General Manager at Expo Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Hi Nellsie,

Thanks very much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! I'm really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit! I'm sorry to hear about your problems with the PDQ machine. We have been having a few technical issues with connectivity which we are trying to get sorted. Hopefully this wouldn't stop you from visiting us again! Thanks very much one again.

Expo Lounge | Didsbury

Reviewed July 28, 2014

The worst thing about this place is the name.
It is amazingly welcoming with a generous, friendly atmosphere and ample comfy seating.
It has wonderful staff, a small but excellent menu (especially the specials and the tapas) and is pretty reasonable.
Most importantly, however, you feel totally relaxed in here, with power sockets and wifi as well as cosy nooks you feel very comfortable and welcome. As a result I have probably been there 10 times now.
If I could suggest a better mixer for their soft drinks and a better coffee machine I may just move in.

Expo L, General Manager at Expo Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Hi Byrneharris,

Wow! What can I say to that, other than thank you?! Great to hear you love lounging as much as we do! Say hello next time you're in, it's always a pleasure to meet a regular guest!

See you soon

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I always enjoy a quick drink in here. Iv been in a few times with friends and once with my son, we enjoyed a bit of family time playing a selection of board games. The bar men are always super helpful and knowledgeable (useful when you aren't sure what drink you fancy!), they chat and have a laugh which is bloody hard to find these days!
Not eaten here but will do one day!

Hi Alison,

Thank you so much for that lovely review! It's great to hear that you're a frequent lounger and that you're made to feel so welcome! People are what make a business and it's music to my ears to hear that they are a pivotal part of your experience! We love lounging as much as you do and if that shows in our performance, I'm a happy camper!

Say hello next time you're in and be sure to keep your eyes on a games box as we're updating this v.soon!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

My husband and I went in to Expo Cafe on a whim tonight (Friday) after looking at several places in Didsbury.The front windows were pulled back because of the hot weather & all the tables outside were full but we got a bit of breeze sitting inside. The atmosphere was nice although they did turn the lights down at 9pm which made it a bit tricky to see our food! We ordered at the bar (as the sign says to do!) got our drinks & waited for our food. 40 minutes later we were still waiting. When I enquired there had been a mix up with the order and it hasn't gone through to the kitchen. They apologised & gave us a free round of drinks. When the food arrived it was really yummy - pulled pork for me, hero burger for him, it was hot, tasty and well presented. We finished off with cheesecake and angel delight (v retro - loved it!) The earlier mix up lead to being asked to pay the full price of the meal again but once I explained and produced the receipt it was quickly sorted out by the friendly staff. So in conclusion - great food, nice staff but could definitely do with a little bit of work on the ordering system. We'll be going back again though!

Hi Twinkle,

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback! I remember you dining with us and am suitably embarrassed to say it was me that messed up your order! I'm still not quite sure how, but I guess I haven't totally got my head around the till system yet! I'm pleased that you were happy with how we dealt with it though and that it hasn't effected your desire to come and visit us again. I promise, I won't mess it up next time :-)

See you soon!