“Great for opening week - Confusion with name... Loungers? Expo Lounge?”
Review of Expo Lounge

Expo Lounge
Ranked #399 of 2,254 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Expo Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bar open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.
England, United Kingdom
“Great for opening week - Confusion with name... Loungers? Expo Lounge?”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I watched this restaurant setting up before it opened last week and decided I had to go and check it once it had opened up.

Appearance wise it has created a relaxed and stylish environment, with heavy leather arm chairs and re-worked wooden tables. It has a great big table of games and childrens coloring in, suggesting they expect their customers to relax and spend a long duration of time there.

The menu is formed of all-day breakfast's with what appeared to be high quality ingredients, ranging from Full English to Museli or poached eggs. Along with this they offer a range of main meals including burgers, fish, salads and panni's. They also serve a fairly large menu of Tapas.

They also try and cater for vegans and gluten free customers.

The main customers whilst I was there were mothers and babies, however im sure theres a mature drinking scene in the evenings. The staff were attentive and helpful, at times a little over the top but I think this is down to the recent opening and them still learning.

Overall for a new bar I think it's well worth checking out.

manchester
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went as a family of 4 for what we hoped would be a nice meal. Portions were very small, chips were under cooked and then to top it off we ordered ice cream for the children's desserts. What a waste of time, we paid the bill and were then informed a few mins later that they didn't actually have any chocolate ice cream left! (After we had paid for it) There is no air con so don't go in this weather either. Would I recommend this place to anyone else? No. We always eat out as a family and have never been so disappointed! The mud crab diner across the road is much better!

3 Thank CNBSR
Manchester
“Just what Didsbury was lacking!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had brunch at Expo Lounge on Sunday after it had only opened on Thursday. You would not guess that this restaurant was just four days old from the popularity of it - people were being turned away!

It is in a perfect location opposite Mud Crab Cafe and its outdoor seating ensured a great spot to "people watch".

The decor inside is unique and comforting with a rich feel to it, lots of different sized mirrors pictures, lights everywhere. I can imagine that this all looks great in the evening , however it made for a drab Sunday afternoon with not enough light provided to see the food.

The menu was fantastic, with lots of choice and a unique offering to every other cafe/restaurant in Didsbury. There are also a variety of special offers including lunch offers and tapas offers - just what we like to see!

The staff are also very friendly and very efficient. We were originally seated at a 4 seater table (there was only 2 of us) but I noticed a 4 person family walk in with a baby in a pram and could see that the waitress was about to turn them away. I immediately felt guilty that this family would miss out on what was promising to be a great dining experience so I approached the waitress and asked if it would be easier if we were to move to one of the smaller tables that had just become vacant. Her response was "I love you, I will sort you out a couple of coffees!". The coffees never materialised but it is always nice to be told that you were loved!

I went for the Lounge Breakfast (LOVE the fact that brunch is served all day). So pleased I didn't go for the Champions Breakfast as the portion size of the Lounge Breakfast was unmanageable for me - and I can eat a lot! The only downside was this was, I was provided with a lot of bacon and a couple of hash browns but only one (half full) small bowl of beans! More beans would be needed in future please!

My partner ordered the Champions Breakfast which was totally different to the usual breakfast, with potatos and onions and cheese - very original. The only downside to this was it didn't come with toast. Every breakfast should come with toast!!

We found it to be very reasonably priced too, £20.40 for 2 breakfasts and 2 drinks. Although, we found the ordering and paying pRocess quite confusing. I approached the till to make my order and paid at the time of ordering yet people around us seemed to be getting bills to their tables...? If I could give one piece of advice to Expo Lounge it would be to offer more beans (!) and also. to provide waitress service as this is what stopped us from ordering more drinks, having to interrupt our meal to make our way through the busy restaurant to the queue forming at the till to place an order for another round of drinks.

The quality of the food was excellent, the sausage patty being my favourite item on my plate. I had never heard of these before and I was so pleased that Expo Lounge brought something different and unique to the average breakfast.

Expo Lounge is already looking to be a very beneficial addition to Didsbury village and I am really looking forward to returning to sample the rest of the menu. Although, I will probably visit on an evening next time!

1 Thank Catherine F
Manchester
“Buzzing”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I went with my partner for lunch on Thursday, opening day, and really enjoyed the experience. It has a funky relaxed atmosphere and it was hard to believe it had only just opened as everything seemed to run so smoothly, even though they were busy. Sunshine meant the outside tables were popular but the fold back windows meant a lot of the inside tables were also taking advantage of the weather, The menu is eclectic and very tempting. We both went for burgers, salmon and crayfish for me and piri piri chicken for my husband. Both were excelent and generous - I couldn't manage the accompanying chips or a desert. There was a real mix of customers but as we lingered into the afternoon there were a lot of "yummy mummies" relaxing with coffee and cakes, presumably before collecting time at school. A local nursery brought a small group of their children in and the chef was decorating cookies with them and I am sure that a child friendly policy will go down well in the area. The staff were exceptionally good, attentive and well trained, and seemed to be enjoying their work. We are looking forward to going again with friends next week.

2 Thank Joelly