“Great friendly cafe”

Ranked #445 of 2,389 Restaurants in Manchester
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Café, Coffee Shop, Bakery
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

After a trip to the hospital over the road for a fasting blood test I was in need of food. A sausage and bacon barm and a brew was superb. Great service.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Amazing food, cakes & service, my personal favourites are eggs benedict, lasagne & chips, & the strawberry & cream tarts, absolute must if your in the West Didsbury area.

1  Thank Leemaloney
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Love Mark and his team, an independent bakery, everything made on site my Marks talented wife. This is where I always go for my favourite sandwich for lunch..and if I'm in a naughty mood,an amazing cake too!

1  Thank Jennie J
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I went here for breakfast with a friend who lives in the area and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the breakfast and range of the menu. We were tempted to go to one of the big pubs in the area for brunch but instead chose this quite unassuming bakery for breakfast and I’m so glad we did. Staff are friendly, despite how busy it was on our visit, and the breakfasts are ‘old school’, served in fresh bread from the bakery with no skimping on portions. Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Although I've walked past the Burton Road bakery for years, I've never thought about eating there - probably because its always been located so close to where I live. I visited the establishment after a morning appointment at the hospital and was not disappointed - the guy who served me was friendly, and the vegetarian breakfast I ordered tasty and a good size - the staff didn't have a problem switching around an item I didn't like for an alternative either. On bringing my food to the table I was also asked if I wanted brown or red sauce. My only reason for giving it 4 stars is I wasn't asked if I wanted white or wholemeal bread, but maybe it should have been me who said it.