“Noticed a change !!!!”

The Haddon Hall
Ranked #741 of 2,435 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: British
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We have been going to the haddon hall once a week over the last 12 months, we have noticed a change since the new management has taken over, no longer do you get the condiment box with your cutlery, sauces and salt n pepper in it, these are now on a separate table. We were not told of this when we ordered our meals then when our food arrived and had to spend time looking round the pub for them. As said in other reviews there is not enough staff, you can wait some time to get served at the bar when staff are taking food orders, the new management don't seem to welcoming, I overheard the manager slagging off the previous reviewer with his staff on our last visit, not very professional at all. On whole the staff are really friendly apart from the older woman who hasn't got a please or thank you in her.
All in all the food is still good value for money,

10  Thank Slogger H

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Small group of us went here including an 83 year old lady. After my boyfriend went and simply asked if they serve tuna baguettes he was very rudely spoken to by the landlord of this pub. I have never witnessed such poor customer service skills in my life! I will now be avoiding this place like the plague until new managers are employed!!

11  Thank Vanessa H
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Myself and 7 friends including my 83 year old mother visited the Haddon in droylsden earlier today, we ordered 90 worth of food, i later returned to the bar and asked the manager do they do tuna baguettes? The manger rudely handed me a menu and said if its in that we do them if not we dont, so rude due to being under staffed, clearly cant cope with the amount of customers in there. I asked for money back and left.

Reading the previous reviews that also complained of a shortage of staff we shouldn't have gone, wont be going back, my mum who's 83 liked the Haddon hall as its local for her. But this new manger is in desperate need of some customers skills training also some much needed social skills

13  Thank michelle_driver1
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

When this pub gets busy the staff can't cope. You end up waiting ages for your food. The tables are left uncleared for too long. Staff aren't very friendly. The menu is decent with a variety of choice at a cheap price.

8  Thank Mlgus2014
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Been here many times. Foods cheap and nice. I have had a variety of starters and usually follow it up with a surf and turf. Great pub grub :)

1  Thank risingsun20