“Nice place but average food.”

The Piccadilly Tavern
Ranked #1,408 of 2,295 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Description: We're something of a local institution here at The Piccadilly Tavern in Manchester. Join our eclectic band of regulars for a round of well-chosen drinks, a tasty spin on classic pub-food and a generous dose of lively chatter.There's always something going on throughout the week, so why not come down and pull up a pew?
Apex, North Carolina
“Nice place but average food.”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I went here with some friends after hearing that it was a decent pub to go to for dinner. When we walked in - around 7 or so on a Saturday - it was packed! We walked around the entire pub looking for an empty table but everything was taken. So we decided to wait and grab a table as people left. After about five minutes or so we snatched up a table and started looking at the menu. They had typical pub food here so I went with something I hadn't seen before called the "Stafforshire sausage whirl," which sounded like bangers and mash on top of Yorkshire pudding.
I went up and ordered my food and beer at the bar, which ended up taking a while because there were so many people there. I didn't understand the etiquette of ordering because people were queuing, so we got in line after them, but then people started going straight up to the bar without waiting in the queue and people didn't look at them strangely. Who knows? Well after getting back and settling down at our table, I was finally able to really take a look at the place. It was nice. There were all sorts of seating arrangements from booths to tables with armchairs to high tables with bar seats. I liked the atmosphere as well; it had a good energy to it, but was still relaxed. A football game was on TV, so people seemed content.
It took a while for everyone in my group to get their food, but we were happy when it came. My meal was decent for the first few bites, but got very old - fast. It ended up being a huge amount of sausage rolled up in a coil (that was about the size of a CD) that came with mashed potatoes and some peas. It was all sitting on top of a huge Yorkshire pudding (for people who don't know what this is, it was basically a huge bread bowl that tasted kind of like a chewy pancake) and had gravy poured all over it. It was just okay, but I got sick of the same, bland taste after about five bites. I couldn't eat the rest. But other people at the table were satisfied with their orders (the all day breakfast, nachos, and beef burger).
So to sum it all up, I would say to only come here for drinks - not food - and you will be happy with your decision.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Josie A

St Helens, United Kingdom
“Good pub and decent food. :)”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I was unsure about eating here as it was quite busy but my friends told me that it was good.
The food was brought nice and quickly and the beer was nowhere near as expensive as what I imagined.
My food was good considering most pub food is pretty average and I really liked the atmosphere.
I would go in here again for food or just a drink. :)

• Visited December 2013
Cowbridge, United Kingdom
“Huge Breakfast”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Staying at a friends place in Manchester, We decided to go out breakfast and went to the Piccadilly Tavern.
I firstly ordered the corn beef hash breakfast but they had run out, so I said I will have the same as my friend, and was glad I did.
This enormous breakfast came on a huge oblong plate, it consisted of 2 eggs, 3 bacon, 2 sausage, 2 toast, baked beans and a big field mushroom and 2 hash browns, It was fantastic.
I could not eat it all but had a very good go at it.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank RT_51
Hull, uk
“Cold food, worst cup of tea ever”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

After getting off our train at 9.20am, we decided to go for a nice warming breakfast. This place was one of the first we saw, and as we were cold, decided to go in here when we saw the breakfast menu which looked really nice.
The place was busy, due to the number of rugby league supporters in there prior to the rugby final. The bar area was packed. We were told it would be 20 minutes at least before our food arrived. This was fine with us.
The cup of tea - a tetley tea bag in a cup of hot water, was awful. The worst cuppa I have ever had. When the breakfast arrived, it looked nice enough, but everything was cold. The toast was the only thing on the plate that was hot. Due to the busyness of the pub & the wait had for our food, we thought it pointless to ask for an actual hot breakfast.
There seemed to be not many staff on, even though the place was busy and getting busier.
Quite disappointed really with the cold food we were served.

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Colossal fry up, loads of ales”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

The morning after the night before and feeling like death, stumbled past here in search of some lard to aid rehabilitation. Had the full English, excellent quality sausage, perfectly executed grilled bacon and 3 (count em!) eggs. Loads of cask marque ales too and very cheap.