“Just like London!”

Byron Hamburgers Deansgate
Ranked #199 of 2,368 Restaurants in Manchester
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Proper hamburgers made from British beef, freshly prepared and cooked to order, served with a craft beer
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I've been to Byron several times in London, and was pleased to see that the chain had arrived in Manchester.

I enjoyed my visit to the Manchester branch - the service was good, the food was lovely, and there was a great atmosphere. Prices are ok - not cheap, not expensive.

My only complaint is the lack of choice for vegetarians. I've been a few times now and I've always had to have the same burger. For that reason alone, I probably won't return until they change the menu!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Had a nice afternoon with friends here, Burger was very nice and very spicy (I had the Chilli burger) its the actual atmosphere that was a bit of a let down, I know its an American diner feel but I didnt get it, its more like an old factory canteen and not for me! The staff are ok but hover a little to much.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We visited after work with colleagues for a treat on a Wednesday night. We were greeting and seated at a table. The roof is all scruffy with ducting and pipes; the staff said they wanted the restaurant to have an 'industrial feel'

For me and most of my colleagues, the burgers were very nice, yes, but the price is very high for JUST A burger (£9 for the Byron Burger). You must buy sides like fries and skin-on chips as extra which is also off putting. The price for a large Peroni was £6.50; you can buy a bottle in Tesco for £2.20!

Also look out for the service charge they secretly add to your bill!

A nice experience, but we won't be returning.

1  Thank Simkat5566
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I reall like the simple idea: Byron does burgers, and really well.

So there's a short menu: 5 or 6 burgers, salads and other bits and pieces (including some amazing deep fried courgette strips).

As with everywhere I went in Manchester, the service was super friendly and efficient. The chili burger was delicious, the atmosphere relaxed.

My only gripe would be the slightly expensive drinks.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Visited Byron a few times, first for milkshakes, then for food. The milkshakes are great - they come in a huge silver tin and I am yet to finish one! The last time I visited, my waiter offered to put it in a takeaway cup for me but I was so full. Food is great, and the staff are friendly too. There is a relaxed atmosphere about the place and it is somewhere I will be going regularly. Reasonably priced for Manchester.