“Really Impressed”

Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2014

First time I have been to artisan and the first thing you notice is the décor- really impressive!
The whole place has an outdoor feel to it and very relaxing and romantic. Not to mention the toilets! definitely the nicest ones I have ever used :)

The food was also very impressive. The first time I have ever had pork scratchings as a starter and I was not let down.
Had steak for the main, cooked how I wanted, the only problem was the cold sauce it came with I had to send back for warm sauce.

The waiters were all on the ball and couldn't be more helpful the entire time

Really enjoyable and would definitely go back.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Visited the Artisan Restaurant for Mothers Day Dinner.
Food was excellent and set out very fancy on the plate, the portions could have been a bit bigger.
Atmosphere and decor excellent and service very good.

Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Booked a few weeks in advance for 4 early doors. Received a bizarre confirmation email pointing out we had booked a FULL PRICE meal.... And that we had 2 hours on the table- absolutely fine as this is pretty standard of most restaurants. Then we received a confirmation call 3 days before our visit telling us we had 1 3/4 hours on the table- this I questioned and they said it was because someone else would need the table. Very concious of this when we arrived for our table (which wasn't ready until 10 minutes after we had booked- further depleting our time!) we felt rushed into ordering by the impersonal robotic waitress. The pulled pork sandwich "with a kick" was one of the most boring meals I've had for a while- as was the caramel banana for dessert- no flavour whatsoever. The most positive experience was the girls toilet which has a lovely lounge area! The time reached the end on the table - at which point we left. On looking around - half the restaurant was empty! Surely it's better to keep tables there spending than make them feel they have to leave?

1  Thank Ilovedaysoff
Reviewed March 31, 2014

There are a load of identikit restaurants in Manchester but I keep coming back to Artisan. The service in consistently good, without any of that misplaced snootiness you get in some other so called hot spots.. The dining room is stylish and relaxed. But the food is what sets this apart from other restaurants. It is consistently great. I love the small plates and casual dining style. The cocktails are great too...A must in Manchester..

Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I went here for a birthday party and was surprised that somewhere so big served great food and drinks by really cool and friendly staff. There are many rooms you can hire for private dining and a huge communal room split into booths and a bar area. Serving everything from pizza to fine dining . Really reasonably priced, decent wine list fantastic atmosphere . Booking is advisable, even though its huge there is generally a waiting lust for tables. Highly recommend the different experience .