“what started good came bad”

Namco Funscape, Manchester
Ranked #30 of 53 Fun & Games in Manchester
Blackpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“what started good came bad”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I've got to say I've visited the Trafford centre many times and had some great times but on this occasion I need to warn others about the arcade that is in the main food hall its run by a company called NAMCO FUN SCAPE I decided to go in with my 5ft wife and 23 year old disabled son with learning difficulties we all went on one machine with about £30 between us to further our chances of winning after about £20.00 a lady came over and asked my son to move back unaware I didn't realise I thought he was just in the way for another customer so my self I stood behind my wife while she was playing and let my son stand next to her.

then all of a sudden the lady demanded that one had to come away from the machine because of NAMCO policy saying we are not allowed to crowed the machine I was total gutted as there was no signs and I was not allowed to be with my son or wife at the machine I was gutted and felt so small so I got in touch with the company on my return home and im not kidding I first spoke with a lady and I asked her to put me on to the manager he was not in but 10 mins later I got a phone call back from this man at the company NAMCO while explained the situation I asked why there was no signs stipulating three was a crowd around the machines if this was so I would of saved my money simple but beyond this the manger from this company threatened me over the phone if I was to say anything to anyone about this situation and I am not having it so be WARNED NAMCO the amusements area is not a very friendly place to spend your money please save your money for something else I will from now on

5 Thank mayfieldhotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Bowling”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Yesterday my son (aged 8) and I visited Namco for a game of bowling. He had been given a coupon for a free game so we thought we'd try it out. Big mistake. The lane broke down within half an hour. Over the past year or so, the Namco bowling area has had a big face lift. They seem to have spent all the money on the new sofa's and decor but didn't bother to upgrade the actual bowling lanes and equipment. We (the whole family) used to go every other weekend but then they stopped the early bird specials so we stopped going. Basically if you want to spend a lot of money to stand around waiting for someone to fix your lane, go here. If you actually want to spend your time bowling, go somewhere else. The one good thing about it was the girl working the counter. I don't know her name but she couldn't have been more polite and helpful. I can't say the same for the lady manager that was working with her. She was quite rude and unpleasant. We certainly won't be going back.

Visited June 2013