“Just wish we'd tried it sooner!”
Review of Jollof Cafe

Jollof Cafe
Ranked #198 of 2,436 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We have been meaning to call in here for sometime and were finally prompted to go after seeing some of the reviews on Trip Advisor. We were only disappointed that we hadn't gone sooner! Especially as it's the closest cafe/restaurant to our house. We were greeted by a very warm welcome 'Jambo' and were introduced to the game of Oware by the owner which we really enjoyed despite playing rather badly. Everything we tried was delicious. The tropical porridge was amazing as was the Kilamanjaro soup. This is a very spicy soup which suits us. We'll definitely be going back soon. This place is a real gem and well worth a visit if you're intrigued by African food. The reviews on here speak for themselves. Try it!

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Best beef Safari , i love it soo much and playing game the family too. Service was perfect... keep it up .

Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is a cafe well worth visiting, excellent hospitality and tasty food. I had the cous cous salad and the groundnut soup- very nice! My brother had the salad with coconut rice and the Moroccan chicken which he also enjoyed. We also had a taster of plantain and some tropical porridge. We enjoyed our visit and would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Safari Beef with Jollof was very tasty as was the Cape Coast Fried Fish. The host introduced us to a fun little game called Owari, as we waited for our food.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Ever since this place opened I have been meaning to drop by. I took a look at their website and on reading the menu was soon salivating. However until today I'd never made the journey. A great, warm welcome from the owners who put us totally at ease. I had the Kilimanjaro soup - amazing, but watch out, it is ferociously hot! My partner had the Groundnut soup which she loved. I had Safari beef for a main which had some kick in itself but not as hot as the soup. My partner had I think the Moroccan chicken, it was a milder dish as she doesn't cope with spices so well. Both were thoroughly enjoyed, and we'll definitely be back.

Jollof shares something in common with other well loved cafes around Manchester such as Mama Flos, This n that, and Brunos... namely warm personal service by people passionate about food in an unpretentious setting and offering great value. Long live Manchester diverse and independent food culture I say!

Looking forward to another visit..

2  Thank Graham D