“Great cafe experiance - Jambo!”
Review of Jollof Cafe

Jollof Cafe
Ranked #451 of 2,368 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I was browsing tripadvisor for a good restaurant, and this came up as number one. First thing to stress is this is a café - but there's nothing wrong with that. You'll get a warm welcome as you come in, and the food seems to be an authentic mix of dishes. A real family welcome, and certainly one of the best African Café experiences you'll have!

Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

They were so friendly and welcoming, we loved it. The Kilimanjaro Soup was incredible! So relaxing hanging out there!!!

1  Thank Adam N
Reviewed December 13, 2013

When your local Laundrette disappears and magically mores into the Jollof Cafe. " a taste of the Jungle"..... Well you have to pop in to see what is going on don't you ?
Welcomed by a MASSIVE smile and a warm greeting..Kathleen instantly made me at home.
It was a quick visit... No time to eat a full meal but I tasted the most divine plantain EVER!
Kathleen told me all about her plans for the Cafe... As good as a Restaurant really.... And I will definitely bring my wife out soon for a full on meal.
Can not wait to try the stunning looking dishes on the menu. Definitely the new place to visit if you are ever passing along Hyde rd Manchester :)
Kumasi chicken here I come.

2  Thank Simon-Gtr-Mancheste
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I took my Zimbabwean girlfriend here for her birthday last weekend and we were not disappointed. The food was excellent, even for someone unfamiliar with African cuisine like myself it was not too spicy but very flavoursome and gave a nice full feeling at the end. We particularly enjoyed the soup at the start which sorted out the cold I had picked up that week!

The service is very friendly and we enjoyed eating in particularly as we got to try a few boardgames. The dinner brought back many happy memories for my girlfriend of when she was younger in Zimbabwe and we had a great evening. I can't recommend this place enough, excellent food and value for money.

2  Thank grassieda
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Dropped in for Saturday lunch and so pleased we did, warm welcome from the owner and also her lovely family, including tuition in traditional board game on the table. Everything was spotlessly clean, and helpful advice given as we were not familiar with African food.
Note : This is a cafe not a restaurant, if you accept that you will have a fabulous time, the food tasty, spicy (but not hot like asian). Don't be put off if your tastes are not adventurous, you can see exactly what you get and Kathleen will explain everything.
Acid test - will I return, absolutely and am looking forward to it already :-)

1  Thank notrevich