“Small slice of Spain”

Juan Sanchez Tapas
Ranked #617 of 2,386 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Juan Sanchez provides diners with an authentic taste of Spain in South Manchester, with a warm Spanish welcome, relaxed atmosphere and friendly service surrounded by customary style decor. Our menu is based on traditional Spanish recipes - several of them passed down through the family - and offers a wide selection of tapas and paella suitable for vegetarians or guests requiring gluten free choices. Drink choices include jugs of Sangria, wines, beers and soft drinks. A home banqueting service is available to order - providing a custom made tapas menu to suit your needs. We also cater outside normal opening hours for events like Weddings, Birthdays and other special occasions.
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Step out of chorlton bustling streets into a little piece of Spanish atmosphere.
Immediately feel your spirits lifted by the lively music and friendly authentic staff.

Both myself and my girlfriend are picky eaters and have been here twice now and had around 16 different dishes between us and there still dishes on the menu we both looking forward to trying on our next visit

Pro
Friendly service
Good range of tapas both vegy and carni
Spanish music
Only one loo
Spanish feel and atmosphere

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I went here during our one day stay of Manchester for dinner. The food is really good. We had a plate of the olives as a starter, and they were delicious. Since we were not too hungry, we didn't eat much. But what we did eat, potato's and one more dish were really good. The service also is quick and efficient, without being too nosy.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I had the veggie plate - delicious but I've forgotten the name of the dish already! Anyway, the best Spanish omelette I have ever had (and as a vegetarian who travels to Spain for work or holiday a few times a year - I have had a LOT of Spanish omelette...), broad beans, mushrooms, a fried egg, a croquette and spectacularly yummy pan con tomate. Matched with great coffee and proper fresh squeezed OJ. I am so glad I tried this place for breakfast, I've always enjoyed the tapas and I like the vibe here, so delighted to give the breakfast five stars.

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I went here as I try visit all of the local restaurants, unfortunately, the worst yet; I really didn't like the food.
The ham was sliced far too thickly, the paella tasted like its stock base was a cheap vegetable bullion, the patatas bravas very un-crisp and the croquettes bland.

In future I will go to beech rd to satisfy my tapas needs.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

The food in this place is fantastic! There is so much choice and the staff are friendly , service is excellent , we had such a good night here , we went for one small glass of wine and ended up having five , because we loved the place so much ! My friend who writes a review on local restaurants told me about it, He said it was his favourite place to eat, so we went along to try it. The atmosphere is wonderful, it was like stepping into another world for a few hours ( suppose the five glasses of wine helped ) There was a large group of Spanish people there and they told us that sometimes they have a Flamenco evening , can't wait !