“Stop talking to your friend and get my coffee.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Folk Cafe Bar

Folk Cafe Bar
Ranked #477 of 2,246 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Bar, International, Healthy, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A casual cafe/dinner experience with friendly service, an original interior and a large covered terrace. Food is served all day with a menu ranging from the classics to more globally inspired dishes. If you're thirsty we have award winning coffees, craft beers, specially selected wines, boutique spirits and a range of interesting soft drinks.
“Stop talking to your friend and get my coffee.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Been several times and not ruling out trying again. I like the location. Two occasions wife ordered coffee. Well. Two girls just carry on gossiping and laughing ignoring me trying to order. Eventually. .
" we'll bring it outside for you"
Yeah right. Wasn't ever so busy. Eventually back In. The manager( I assume he was) saw me at the bar and didn't seem surprised at all it was forgotten by lacklustre staff. I suggest. New staff. He was very good though. I might go back this weekend. Idol curiosity. Just to see if they still there!
Shocking service.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank hfftgccxxde

Falkirk
“Nice place but not great soft drinks menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We went here for a cool drink before wedding dress appointment but there was none of the usual soft drinks on offer e.g. Appeltiser, J2o and we ended up with cranberry and lemonade and orange with lemonade. Did the job but not very inspiring.

Visited July 2013
uk
“awful service and food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I went to Folk with a friend for a Saturday early lunch. The service was very slow. The food took ages to arrive. My friends fry up was very dry and the bacon and sausage were extremely over cooked. My bread was dry and the butter to go with the pate had melted all over the plate and the pate was grey and not nice at all. We asked for 2 waters from the female waitress but they never came and so we had to go to the bar. Eventually we went up to the bar to pay and the waitress ignored us and carried chatting with her friend. It was very poor and I won't be returning.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank ameliarocks
“Great atmosphere, great concept, service terrible !!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Live locally and have visited 7/8 times for food / coffee etc and has been generally good and nice atmosphere. Went for the first time in the evening last night and had a shocking customer service experience. I bought a round of drinks for approx £30 and was ranted at by the batman for slowing him down and not putting my order in quick enough!!

• Visited June 2013
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Fantastic bar in West Didsbury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We moved to West Didsbury last September and Folk has become one of our favourite haunts. There's a chilled atmosphere and the staff are really friendly. You can have beer, wine or a selection of homemade cakes. The food is great - I would personally recommend the burger and chips. It is heavenly! They often have a DJ at weekends or bank holidays. Well worth a visit!

• Visited May 2013