“Fantastic bakery !!”

Wong Wong Cafe
Ranked #662 of 2,326 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

The Hong Kong style tea and coffee taste very good and they have very fresh and delicious buns all the time, never been disapointed by them. i visit them evevytime i go to Manchester and would recommend to others

1  Thank Andy Y
There are newer reviews for Wong Wong Cafe

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We discovered Wong Wong bakery on our first visit into downtown Manchester's Chinatown. The sweet breads are wonderful. Our favourite is the lotus bus. The rolls are all beautiful as well. We've sampled their cookies which are also wonderful, but never tried any of their cakes. After reading previous reviews, we'll definitely have to give them a try. They also serve different types of items you could have for lunch with meat / cheese toppings, but have never tried but look wonderful. Stop in and fill up a tray!

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

It's the best and of course my fav Chinese bakery in Manchester. For every single birthday in Manchester I got a cake from there (Mango cake)! But Besides my birthdays I alsi quite often go there to have a piece of cake/biscuit and also other pastries. I love every single one of them. They also served HK style drinks which I really miss from Hong Kong. You can either take away or have a seat there if available, at peak times rather difficult. The staff is nice and attentive. A must go place for cake lovers!

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

One of my favourite cheap but gorgeous Manchester eateries. It's basically a Chinese version of a greasy spoon cafe - no frills but great food. The food's very fresh, very simple and...very cheap. I don't think anybody does better mixed roast meats on rice. Try it. It's nothing to look at but the food and the welcome are great.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The staff are friendly, the food is delicious and actually underpriced for the portion size and quality (please stay cheap!). This time I stuffed myself with a Lotus bun, a Red bean bun and a chocolate pearl tea. Every time I come to Manchester I make it my mission to eat too many buns at Wong Wong's cafe!