“Fantastico!”

Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastico!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is a tiny restaurant hidden away in Clayton just around the corner from the National Cycling Centre. Unfortunately, it took me a long time to notice it was there, I had probably passed it by about a hundred times! They serve very tasty but simple Italian food which is really good value for money: pizza, pasta, Italian style tapas and great coffee. Bruno is a fantastic host and very welcoming, he even remembered me from my first visit. I can't wait to go back!

Manchester, UK
“Brilliant place”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Just returned from eating here for the first time. Food first.. We had the meal for 2 which consisted of a 12" pizza and 6 Italian tapas. £12. Yep, seriously, £12. It was all delicious and I was satisfied after eating my half of the tapas - all very generous portions. I still managed to eat half the pizza because it was yummy and hot and gooey, yet crispy. After reading several reviews about the lemon cheesecake, decided to split that too and do not regret it at all. Incredibly tasty. I am hoping to go back tomorrow evening! Add a coke, a latte and a large wine and our meal only came to a little over £20. Amazing value for wonderful food.
Bruno seems like he is very happy to be doing what he's doing and that come across in the service and food. Beautiful photo murals of Italy on the walls and Venetian masks bring even more Italy into the dining experience. Tables and chairs are 'cafe style'.
We did not book but others who came in after us had done so - might should do on certain days. They also do takeaway.
All in all very happy with this place and hope to re-visit often.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Real italian food and family feel”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This place truly transports you to an italian family's kitchen. You feel you can sit and talk all day. The food is as authentic it can be. Bruno is the nicest guy and is happy to do anything to make you happy.

2 Thank GioMartines
“Food heroes”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Found lots of good reviews on here so as I'm Italian and I always moan about not finding great pizzas in Manchester after work today I gave it a go.
Small and cosy place with breakfast area on the right with some Venetian decorations. A warm welcome from Bruno and a good chat while I waited for my pizza .Popped it on the back seat I could smell the difference while driving back home,it smelt like the pizza I eat down the road in Italy where my family leaves.
Texture and base were great and I will definitely go back again lots of time,
tapas looks good

“Bella Italian!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Believe the hype! First class Italian food, cooked by proper, passionate Italians whose only aim is to leave you happy and satisfied - they genuinely do it for the love of good food, hence the staggering (in a good way) prices. Bespoke pizzas were crafted for our 4 yo and 2 yo - we were made to feel entirely at home by Bruno, a very special guy.
Hearty, authentic and affordable - don't ever go anywhere else for Italian food. Ever.