“Not to be missed”
Review of Le Ville Hotel

Le Ville Hotel
Ranked #65 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a Sunday night. I was greeted by two smiley members of staff, both of them stood up to greet me, and the check-in was painless.This was a refreshing change, compared with other big chained hotels. However this set the scene for the rest of my stay. Yes the room was a little on the small side, but who cares. The room was spotless, clean, fresh and cosy. I loved the small little titbits that were left in the room, such as big choc muffins, biscuits, cereal, and plently of tea and coffee. and free Wi-Fi. The location is perfect, central to the coach station, train station and the city centre. Cant wait to re-book again. Thank you, to all who makes this hotel what it is.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is a lovely little hotel on canal street which I did not know is the gay area of Manchester. As I am of that persuasion it was quite a bonus to be so near and check the nightlife out! I went on a weekday evening when it is quite quiet and athough a previous reviewer has highlighted that it's noisy because of it being next to clubs, I did not find this a problem and slept soundly. I booked through a third party website, it was good value, easily locatable, and the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 27, 2013

From the moment I stepped into the hotel the customer service was brilliant .the room itself was clean and had excellent facilities. I will certainly be staying there again as the location is very central . Full marks to everyone involved with this hotel

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Booked through a third party travel site for 2nights at £96 - bargain, so I was naturally a little apprehensive.

Friendly staff, easy check in.
Room was small but nicely decorated, tea/coffee/biscuits all provided in abundance and the biggest muffin you've ever seen - lovely touch! All,replenished daily.
Wifi, tv with all freeview channels. Perfectly located not just for canal street but for stations, restaurants, city centre.
First night I slept like a baby, comfy bed and no disturbances. Second night was a Friday, noisy right up to 2am but to be totally expected and I imagine anyone who would book the hotel at the weekend would see it as part of the deal with it being right in the heart of canal street.
Woke up a little late the next morning, past check out but staff didn't bat an eyelid. Check out was fine and I was given 10% off my next stay - I booked there and then for three next for two weeks time (I'm living out of a suitcase before moving into a house).

Great stay, thank you le ville. It's nice not having to pay ridiculous prices for a personalised, professional service.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2013

- Hotel is located next to clubs. Music blasts continually until 3am, with revelers shouting right outside the window. When you mention this to staff they shrug their shoulders.
- There is a green light on the ceiling in the room that does not switch off.
- Room is so small you can't swing a cat.
- There are no breakfast facilities. If you want breakfast, you need to find a restaurant.
- Shower pressure seems to be linked to other showers i.e. shower keeps going hot and cold for no reason.
- Other than that it was very pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tony P
LVHMCR, Manager at Le Ville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Anthony

I would like to apologize for the "not so great" experience that you had at our hotel during your stay in Manchester.

I would like to take the time to address some of the issues you mention

We have some of the most excellent staff you can possibly find as mentioned by many guests on TripAdvisor and booking.com review page. They are all helpful, caring and friendly and do their best to attend to every single guest in the best way possible. . I would advise any of our guests to request a quiet room on the back of the hotel especially during weekends and our staff would accommodate that prior to your arrival. It is very hard to move a guest to another room late in the evening on busy days when we are sold out.

The small green light in your room was installed for your own safety. The light lets us and you know that your emergency lighting is powered and working. This is a safety feature required by law and is in place to protect you in case of a fire.

I do admit the room type you booked is on a small side which is clearly stated on booking.com where we list our room sizes for each room type. We have king rooms which are much bigger than the small double that you booked. We also have regular doubles and twin rooms.

We also clearly state on booking.com that the hotel dose not provide breakfast but because we are very concentrated on our customers we provide all our guests with free coffee, tea, biscuits and even 2 huge and delicious muffins. These complimentary things are waiting for each and every one of our guests in the room. The reception also sells a number of snacks and drinks. There is also a vast selection of restaurants around the hotel that serve breakfast if you are looking to have a full English breakfast in the morning.

I would like to also inform you that our showers are not linked to other showers and we get a large number of compliments on how lovely our showers are and the great pressure of our showers. I apologize that you had a hard time finding the correct setting for your shower.

Our hotel is located in the heart of Manchester City Centre. The hotel is a great choice for business travelers during the week. During the weekend this part as do other parts of the city centre gets very lively and we do advise our future customers (as do other hotels) to research the area where they are planing to stay especially during the weekend.

Again I would like to apologize on behalf of the owners, management and employees that your stay was not what you ware looking for.

I hope you have a great week.

Kind Regards

Gregory Ibrom
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed one night here and it was excellent. Lovely,contemporary decor. Great staff who could not be more helpful. It's not long been refurbed and is very chic,( it has a French theme). Comfortable kingsize bed, lovely linens, large shower, big TV - the room overlooked the canal (on Canal Street) and the vista was constantly changing. It has free wi-fi, in-room tea and coffee facilities and snacks were available at reception. We had a good nights sleep and because of the central location, we got to the business meeting with ease. I would definitely stay here again. (n.b - in the room we found the biggest chocolate muffins ... gratis - worth staying just for that :)

Room Tip: Room 22 - King size bed and a view to the front on the first floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My boyfriend & i stayed here in April. The location is good, the hotel clean. We booked a small double so i knew it was going to be small but i would have thought there would be somewhere to put your case without tripping over it...(don't take anymore than one case!)

For a new hotel there was a few rough edges, marks on the bathroom floor, a different colour paint used to paint over dirty marks above the bed (looked a bit daft) a lot of the tv channels not working (not that it was much of a problem as we were out most of the time).

The room was freezing when we arrived, however it warmed up to the point of being unbearable by the time we got in (11ish) the radiator was off, window open yet still boling...didn't sleep well in the heat at all :(

The view was of a brick wall, i couldn't hear any street noise but there seemed to be quite a bit coming from reception. What with this and the heat i didn't sleep well at all....(which is all i ever want from a hotel...a good nights sleep, alas not to be here)

The shower was powerful but i struggled to get it to stay at a consistant temperature....it kept getting hotter...(just like the bedroom :P) so was unbearable after a few seconds.

Its unlikely we would stay here again but if you just want somewhere to get changed and sleep (and if you can sleep in extreme heat and noise) then it will be fine....not worth more than £35 a night though.

Yeap you get a muffin, but to be honest i would rather have had a better night sleep and shower that holds a temperature than a muffin....

Room Tip: If you are spending a lot of time in the room...go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple