“Average at best”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This was the third time ive been here, first because of a birthday 2nd and 3rd because you can go without booking, they have a great system, the waiter advises you of the waiting time, if your happy with it they take your number and text you 5 minutes before you dine.

This occasion I went with my pal, we waited about 1hr 30 for our table which suited me as I wasn't particularly hungry. Upstairs were the restaurant is has a warmly comfortable feeling, also the music is good so your ready for a good night.

Menu is quite extensive and reasonably priced, When I go I always think there's an endless choice of food that id like to try, but as my previous visits I knew id be disappointed.

We choose a platter starter to share £14, but we where told by our lovely waitress that they had run out of burgers, so would we accept extra chicken instead, ohhhh yeyyy babi bring it on!!!, chicken, beef, chicken, rat who cares I'm ready to rock!!!.

When it arrives it looks pretty good until you taste it, we had birdseye chicken nuggets draped in bbq sauce (think it was Heinz hot n smoky) then more chicken dippers (Birdseye again) dripped in hot tabasco/nandos hot peri peri sauce. We had a few pancake sort of efforts (quesadilla for the posh uns) filled with uninspiring stuff and a big celery stick for good measure!

For my main we both choose Beef smackdown, which was pulled beef with peppers, cheese etc in a tortilla, I had hot fries too (fried asda chips without the vinegar) It looked a lot better than it tasted. It just tastes a little bland, don't get me wrong its good value and you do get a big portion size, but it falls down for sheer taste and to match the décor, cocktails, good staff its a mile away from that.

I can only think some of the good reviews are because people get carried away with being in the Northern quarter, thinking they are ultra cool and everything is great, I could imagine a restaurant opening selling dog food in the NQ and all the cliché people would be like " wow man how good is that pet restaurant, so original you get a dog bowl and no fork its so cool and rustic man!

BeautifulDrinks, Public Relations Manager at Luck Lust Liquor and Burn, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Hi Paul R,

Thanks for your review of your third visit to Luck, Lust, Liquor & Burn, and sorry that all three occasions have been such a disappointment for you - I assume you were working on the proverb "third time's a charm"? Don't you just hate it when a proverb doesn't ring true?

I really hate to disappoint, but if we served Birdseye chicken dippers in a Heinz sauce, we would have to charge a lot more for menu items than we currently do, assuming we had bought them at ASDA while we were getting our chips.
I think you may need to check your pancake recipe, as it shouldn't be coming out like a flour tortilla. I think you're adding too much flour to your mix, you should be using about a quarter of the amount of a pancake than you would for a tortilla.

We actually make both of our Hawaiian BBQ sauce and our hot sauce in-house. You have slightly missed the mark with your hot sauce flavour review, as this is made from Chipotle chillies, and not Tabasco peppers or peri peri chillies as you have said, but close enough.
More information on this can be found at almostfamousburgers.com if you would like to fact check.

Sorry that you didn't enjoy your main on this occasion, and I will pass your feedback onto the kitchen team so we can ensure quality of this menu item is always as it should be.

If there is anything you would like to discuss with us, or if you would like more information on how to tell the difference between a pancake and a tortilla, please do not hesitate to contact us on barrio@lucklustliquorburn.com.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

went to luck lust last weekend as i'd been in manchester and stayed over for the night. the following day i popped down to the trusty NQ for a bite to eat and ended up here on a recommendation from a friend.

at first glance the decor was fantastic, everything i expect from the NQ! something different. the guy behind the bar asked us to take a seat and asked if we would like any drinks. (everything you need on a hangover) i ordered the holumi and the nachos. they were glorious! the chilli beef was amazing and the cheese was cooked perfectly. drinks spot on and the service was lovely!

i will be back!

Hi Alex T, thanks for your review!

We're really glad you enjoyed your Luck, Lust, Liquor & Burn experience, you must have a super friend to recommend a perfect hangover cure!

We hope you will come and see us again soon, and recommend us to all of your friends in Liverpool!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Went for the first time last night as Almost Famous has gone (wipes tear from eye..) & we were not disappointed, the quirky, funky styling which we loved at Almost Famous was there in abundance & the food was as good as I remember!! The triple X Burrito was great but not as triple X as it could have been; really tasty though but I suggest if you want the top of your head blown off go for some extra chillies & hot sauce, chicken burger (Can't spell this properly because Trip Advisor thinks I'm swearing!) was superb. The fries are amazing although I do miss the Almost Famous Fries (Trailer Park etc!!) I think we should start a petition to get these back!!

Only downside was the service which wasn't awful but wasn't the best either, the Mrs fries came without cheese & by the time they came back I had almost finished my burrito & the Mrs had almost finished my fries!! When I asked for a pint I was brought a half... but those points aside, highly recommended, enjoy!!

Hi Russsy, thanks for your review!

Apologies that the service was lacking a little on this occasion, I'd like to assure you that your feedback will passed over to our management team so we can put more staff training in to practice.

Don't be sad about Almost Famous not being in the building any more, they reopened in November at Great Northern on Peter St, so you can still visit them there, no need for a petition!

Thanks and hope we see you again soon,

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Love this place great atmosphere,great service amazing food superb drinks! Can't fault it highly recommend the tap out burrito... Just wish they'd bring back the bacon bacon fries

Hi Malcolmmeatball and thanks for your review!

If you're desperate for BB fries, Almost Famous has reopened at Great Northern on Peter St, go get 'em!

Hope you can come and see us soon as well.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I enjoyed the food and the atmosphere in general, the burgers were huge so can't complain in regards to portion size or service but it gets very crowded!! Very popular place to eat.

Hi Ashak!

Thanks for your review and glad you enjoyed your visit to LLLB! Hope you can find time to come and visit us again soon.