“Aye aye aye bringing meccico to manc”

Luck Lust Liquor and Burn
Ranked #51 of 2,274 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Aye aye aye bringing meccico to manc”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Myself and a friend came to lllb on a very busy Saturday evening. Had to steal myself for a wait as was very hungry! And yes it was an hour and a half for a table, but the atmosphere in the bar was nice so it's not too bad. It's kind of loud for a post 20s girl liked myself to have a meaningful conversation but hey we weren't there to put our slippers on and feet up, so we cracked on and eventually were called upstairs for our table. The decor upstairs was really nice, it's unusual as the walls are very dark with red lights as I remember so it's quite dim but the overall look is cool. We really loved the food, had a pulled pork burger and a ground beef burrito, can't remember the daft names but what else do you need to know. I couldn't finish my meal!! Or fit in a dessert, which I was devastated about! But value and food overall were excellent. I'd go back again even though I don't get to Manchester often, but my husband really feeling he missed out. Ooh and the fries are really good too!
Cocktails great too! But I concur that the toilets are not nice, whoever decided to do unisex toilets does not appreciate how disgusting some men are and how much women do not want to share facilities with them!! Don't let a little thing like that bother you though, or it'd be your loss!!

• Turkish first
cheshire
“Best burgers in Manchester!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We totally love the burgers as we originally came to have them at almost famous but following the fire it is now based here...the burgers are outstanding!!! We have been twice the first time we ate in the bar downstairs and were blown away by the delish burgers and yummy fries with sweet potato...this time it was to introduce our friends to the burgers and we all agreed they are the best burgers in manchester poss the North West it was better for me than my burger at the Ivy!

We had to wait the second time for a table but we were able to go off and have a drink elsewhere then come back which was good.

Service was fab and we will def be back!

Bolton, United Kingdom
“Good food, points lost for service”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We’ve been to LLLB a couple of times. The food is brilliant for what it is: good-quality burgers with a bit of a twist, burritos, tacos and nachos.

You can’t book a table, so expect a bit of a wait if you go at peak times. We had a 45 minute wait at 3:30pm on a Saturday, but no wait whatsoever when we went after work on a weekday.

Service is a bit ropey. On our last visit we had to order a round of drinks three times and on our first visit we waited over 15 minutes for the bill to arrive and a further 15 minutes for someone to take payment. However, food always seems to be brought promptly.

Value for money is excellent insofar as the food is concerned. Drinks are on the expensive side, but not significantly more than other places in the Northern Quarter and, given the low cost of the food, the premium payable on drinks is not at all noticeable.

• Visited November 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Delicious Almost Famous' burger”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I had wanted to try Almost Famous's burger. Fortunately the burgers were available here. I chose the simplest burger, cost only £6.50 without chips. I was very happy, it was really delicious. The combination of tasty juicy patty with brioche bun & sauce worked really well.

yorkshire, uk
“Slightly disappointed”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Visited this restaurant recently on a Saturday evening, after hearing good things about it. Had to wait an hour and a half, but had half expected this, after all it was a Saturday evening and you can't reserve tables. Was seated quickly after receiving text saying table was ready, but felt very hurried by waiting staff who wanted to take our order almost immediately. Drinks order taken but waited for approx 3/4 hour for the drinks to arrive, even after asking staff twice about our drinks. Partner ordered one of the house burgers but was surprised that it came in a cheap plastic basket and burger was on a piece of greaseproof paper that just disintegrated with the sauce from the burger and stuck to everything making you eating the paper as well. Food was ok, tasted nice, felt it was a fairly limited menu. Decor was nice, but very dark. Toilets were awful, waited behind a member off staff and they refused to use one of them due to it being so unclean.

Visited October 2013