“Biggest portions in the WORLD.”

Luck Lust Liquor and Burn
Ranked #45 of 2,246 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Central American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Biggest portions in the WORLD.”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I know that's the style, but these portions are insane. Way too big! I had a starter as a main instead and it filled me. The burritos are really very big so unless you have a large appetite I'd share one between two!

Cocktails quite pricey and service not fab but they will get there! Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
manchester
“Amazing food, shocking service”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We've eaten at this restaurant for two Fridays on the run and each time the experience has been similar. Firstly, asking for a table we were told an hour wait. Fair enough, we waited downstairs but were warned to check regularly or they would give the table away. When we got our table the order was taken fairly quickly and came fairly swiftly. Burritos and burgers were delicious, especially after a few pints. The problems came after the main food. Either the waitresses were over stretched or far too interested in the tables of boys. Last week we were ignored , then told no desserts left (at 9pm) then tonight we ordered desserts but cancelled the order after being ignored for half an hour. We couldn't get anyone to take our money last week and tonight they tried to overcharge by £20. Overall the kitchen is working brilliantly to serve tasty food and being seriously let own by a very poor front of house.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank ztaylor29
Manchester, United Kingdom
“An average experience.”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Four of us arrived on Sunday at 7pm and were told it was a 40 minute wait (after having waited 8 minutes for someone to greet us), but as the bar area wasn't too busy and there was some seating we didn't mind waiting. The barman was very friendly and whisked up a mocktail as well as some cocktails, all to a good standard.

There's this thing for dim lighting in places like this but I would say it could have done with an extra lamp or two as we had to stand by the kitchen to get any light decent enough to read the menu! It would have been nice to have been able to order some nibbles whilst we waited.

Finally seated (spot-on 40 minutes) we were squished around a small table. The food order was taken quickly but our server looked thoroughly uninterested in making us feel welcome.

The pint of shrimp and squid was great, but coud have done with larger portions of dipping sauce, and the mac and cheese was gorgeous! For mains I had the pulled pork wrap (can't remember the menu name) and that was very tasty although massive, so I only managed half of that and my very salty chips. However, my boyfriend ordered the 5 chilli enchilada, or whatever it was called, and that was just a huge, sloppy and vinegary mess. Good job I had half a wrap left! Was too full for dessert.

We ordered drinks separately so just in terms of food, for two starters and four mains, it came to around £60 for the four of us.

• Visited March 2013
Manchester
“Mexican't”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I'm originally from Southern California and grew up eating Mexican food. When a new Mexican/American restaurant opened in Manchester I was so freaking excited! I read the review of this place on Manchester Confidential and couldn't wait to try it. It sounded amazing and the menu looked great.

The restaurant upstairs was full so I ate in the bar area which was totally empty. They have a smaller menu but that was fine. I ordered spicy beef tacos and buffalo chicken blasts. The spicy beef tacos were filled with bland taco meat and not much else. I asked for sour cream instead of the avocado sauce but they forgot it. No matter, it wouldn't have made the beef any spicier or actually crispy. The buffalo chicken blasts were ok. The sauce was basically just Frank's and the blue cheese dressing was missing blue cheese.

Maybe my review is harsh because I actually know Mexican food but I make better at home. Too bad, Manchester needs a good Mexican restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank caflac
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lack Lustre, Computer Says No”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Apparently, if you can get into this restaurant, it is worth the wait. However, there is no booking system 'to keep it fair' (?). We had friends from London up and tried to book but were told that was not possible but we could just turn up and get a table within an hour. So we turned up... The flippant staff told us there would be no table for 4 hours. We explained we had tried to book but they repeated the line that there was no booking system for 'fairness' reasons and that their computer was saying 'no'. We e-mailed our disappointment to the restaurant but it seems that as well as saying 'no', their computer refuses to reply to anything resembling a complaint, presumably for reasons of fairness. Don't give them the chance to turn you away.

• Visited February 2013