“put in my place!”
Review of North Tea Power

North Tea Power
Ranked #18 of 68 Coffee & Tea in Manchester
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Cool looking place but perhaps a litte up itself - I asked for a capuccino with squirty cream - maybe that's very low-brow, but it's what i like. i was told it was 'not a drink' and if it has cream on it is 'not a capuccino'. i considered telling them to go to semantics class or that thay were trapped in their own limited inflexible categorisation systems! But they also said that if i wanted a drink like that i should go to S***b****, because 'we are an artisan coffee shop'!!!! i did mention that in italy (which they also referred to) nobody would tell a customer the drink they like 'doesnt exist'. bit sad really but i think it made them, feel a bit superior. oh and the coffee was really poor. nice looking place though....

1  Thank emma w
There are newer reviews for North Tea Power

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Been to North Tea Power a couple of times I like the vibe of the place though when we first went it wasn't clear what the ordering system was and we were waiting for table service till someone mentioned that we had to go to the bar - so not a great welcome. They have these lovely cakes and pastries which all look very tempting but pricey. They also have this cool coffee contraption/ flask thing - there must be a proper name for it - which is pretty cool. I like the laid back atmosphere of the place - nice place to enjoy a cuppa with friends and while away the time!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

By far one to my two favourite coffee places in Manchester. Always have a great brew ok offer. For espresso drinkers. You will be converted (I bought all my HS coffee drikers here - they don't regret a thing).

The cakes on offer are good too. Try the Oreo Cake! Simply the best.

Can't praise it enough. Staff are great always. Very knowlegable and helpful.

Miss my afternoons from last semester, enjoying a coffee and cigar outside!

1  Thank footprintless
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Lovely little find, tucked away at the tip of The Northern Quarter.
Tea was lovely and brewed to perfection and their coffee is exquisite. You know a place has value and knowledge in its coffee when the "Latte" and "cappuccino" are distinctively different.
Tasty treats and delightful tea break in a designers heavenly cafe.

1  Thank Emma R
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Since the summer of 2010, when it opened, many people have considered North Tea Power to be the place to have fine tea and coffee in Manchester and I can see why. It’s lovely and the owners, Wayne and Jane, have poured their passion and attention to detail into every aspect of the place. This infectious love has rubbed off on everything, including the rest of the staff, making North Tea Power one of the nicest spots I’ve been to for a long while.

Normally I like places which do one or two things well, but North Tea Power does lots of stuff, and does it all equally well. There's a variety of coffee on offer, made in a variety of ways, over 20 loose-leaf teas, 15 different bottled beers and I haven’t even started on the food (pastries, sandwiches and soup) or the large range of cakes and biscuits… And fruit. I’m not sure I can remember the last time I saw a coffee shop serving fruit.

1  Thank BrianW_Coffee-Spot