“A taste of the Mediterranean”
Review of Olive & Thyme

Olive & Thyme
Ranked #226 of 2,252 Restaurants in Manchester
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Olive & Thyme is a Mediterranean cafe, bar and restaurant in the heart of Chorlton, offering freshly prepared food ranging from Mezes and Turkish Kebabs to Italian Pastas and Pizzas. Our unique venue is very spacious making it a comfortable and welcoming place to dine with groups of friends, families and colleagues or just on your own. O&T benefits from its south-facing shop front allowing plenty of sun light, whether you are sitting inside next to the wood-burning stove or outside in the heated glassed seating area.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A taste of the Mediterranean”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I visited wih a group of friends on Friday night. This was my first visit and I would return. The food was impressive - authentic and a good choice. The atmosphere and decor were relaxed but warm. Service at times was a little slow and a starter was missed from our order however the staff were polite and quick to resolve the missing starter.

• Visited June 2013

“Fantastic good in a lovely setting.”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I tried olive and thyme on Saturday night after hearing rave reviews from friends. I'm so glad I did. The restaurant has a lovely ambiance. It's classy and chilled at the same time.

The food was of a very high standard, I especially enjoyed the bread which is blown like a balloon and tastes amazing. Also really enjoyed the mussels and prawns.

After dinner I ordered coffee which had the best presentation ive ever seen. it came on a silver tray with a glass of water and a pot of Turkish delight. Can't wait to go back again

1 Thank Lizbakker
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely delicious”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have tried lots of mediterranean and Turkish cuisine in Manchester so far, but I can say that Olive and Thyme is the best restaurant in this area. A restaurant could be very good in their main courses however especially nowadays we hardly find a restaurant that prepares foods meticulously. From starters to desserts, everything I tasted was very delicious. I strongly recommend this restaurant. And you should try Turkish coffee with its charming serving style, you feel yourself the emperor of Ottoman.

1 Thank murat k
“Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were a group of six people
Loved the cold Mezze we were fighting over it. The special pillow shaped bread is delicious. Lovely live musicians adding to the ambience.
Staff are so friendly and helpful. we had a brilliant laugh.
When we eat out in Chorlton I recommend Olive & Tyme

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank TraceyandSteve062
“Highly recommended.”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I love this place for it's atmosphere and delicious food. I would describe it as a cosy and friendly restaurant, suitable for any occasion. The decor is done to a great standard and you can tell they have a good eye for detail..they even have staff uniforms to match the theme colour. I take notice of the small things and I personally love how they played with their brand, featuring olive trees in the restaurant and using thyme in their signature dishes (Olive&Thyme Chicken, O&T Pizza). Clever guys! The menu includes a great variety of dishes from the mediterranean cuisine and the wine list compliments the food. Here I had the best lamb chops ever, the pan fried seabass is another favourite and the signature dish, Lemon & Thyme chicken, is a very satisfying dish as well. If you have a sweet-tooth like I do, then you MUST try the baklava. I've had baklava many times before, home-made one too, but in England I've never tasted a baklava like the one in Olive & Thyme. Have it with a Turkish Coffee and your belly will be dancing with delight. I went there a few times now, once with my large family and everyone was very happy with the food and the service. If you're up for a good meal experience, I strongly recommend this place.

• Visited May 2013