“Excellent service for a large family group of 19”
Review of Olive & Thyme

Olive & Thyme
Ranked #104 of 2,420 Restaurants in Manchester
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Olive & Thyme is a Mediterranean cafe, bar and restaurant in the heart of Chorlton, offering freshly prepared food ranging from Mezes and Turkish Kebabs to Italian Pastas and Pizzas. Our unique venue is very spacious making it a comfortable and welcoming place to dine with groups of friends, families and colleagues or just on your own. O&T benefits from its south-facing shop front allowing plenty of sun light, whether you are sitting inside next to the wood-burning stove or outside in the heated glassed seating area.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Went to Olive and Thyme last night with three generations of our extended family. I chose it out of all the competition because the food was good but, importantly, it has a proper ramp and disabled toilet for an elderly relative. The restaurant required pre-orders, which was reasonable as I had originally said there would be up to 35 of us, We are a fairly cosmopolitan bunch, have eaten around the world (big Jewish appetites!) and everyone was very satisfied with their food.Rib-eye steak received acclaim.The best thing was that the whole operation went very smoothly thanks to the professional, efficient and friendly staff. There were no hitches whatsoever.

Baran T, Manager at Olive & Thyme, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you and your family had a good time at our restaurant and enjoyed the food. Looking forward to seeing you again soon! Don't forget to follow us on twitter or facebook for our latest news and competitions.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Anybody who understands the joys of chilli sauce or a halloumi and felafel sandwich knows that Panico's is a far better Turkish takeaway than the award winning outlet (that shall remain nameless) across the road, so when word had it that the people behind my favourite takeaway in Chorlton were opening a restaurant along Barlow Moor Road, excitement was piqued.

So, why had it taken me 6 months or so after it opened for me to try it? Well, firstly walking past, it looked a little sterile from the outside and then, the prices looked a bit on the steep side, add to that, some of the reviews on here and well, no wonder the first visit was delayed.

Well, let's just say that the 2nd visit wont take so long.

It was a Saturday night and we were out with a fractious 5 year old and a slightly sulky 15 year old, but both commented that it was the best meal out they'd ever had. For the 5 year old, this was helped by friendly staff, a child's colouring pad and the arrival of an exciting (and complimentary) Turkish bread that needed 'popping', for eldest it was choice of food in the menu, there was literally something for everyone.

Highlights food-wise were the Mussels ("perfect") the spicy Turkish sausages with two sauces and rocket) and the grilled Sea-Bass with tomato reduction, pan fried new potatoes and olives ("as good as served in Rome!").

The service was attentive without being overwhelming, the wine list was good and the draft Peroni perfect for a warm May evening.

I'm a fussy bugger when it comes to food and often feel a little disappointed by some aspect or other of eating out, but i'm completely without criticism of my first experience here.

Highly recommended.

3  Thank Dean T
Baran T, Manager at Olive & Thyme, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are delighted to hear that our loyal customers still enjoy their visits to our much improved restaurant and definitely look forward to seeing you again soon! Don't forget to follow us on twitter or facebook for our latest news and competitions.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Firstly I'm very surprised at the negative comments as I'm super picky and not easily pleased; I can only assume they were finding their feet.
Went on a Sunday early evening with my Girlfriend and had a lovely authentic Turkish meal (apart from my GF fancying a Pizza for her main!). Service was friendly and attentive. Food delicious and fresh. Even had desert which I don't normally both with. Agreed there isn't a huge wine selection but what they had was fine. £60 including drinks and a well deserved tip seems very good value to me for 3 course dinner for two.
We both agreed we will be returning very soon which is certainly not something I'd say for a majority of the restaurants in Chorlton!
A welcome addition to M21 in my book.

1  Thank Alidas

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed your visit. Currently we are working on our new menu with a much improved wine list. So hopefully, when you visit us again you will have the opportunity to try the new dishes and exiting new wines. Looking forward to seeing you again soon! Don't forget to follow us on twitter or facebook for our latest news and competitions.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

The staff were very friendly and welcoming and found us a table though they were obviously busy and we hadn't booked. The starters were delicious and the lamb shish kebab was the best I've ever had. I will definitely be going back.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again soon! Don't forget to follow us on twitter or facebook for our latest news and competitions.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Thought we'd try this place and wish we hadn't. Like another reviewer I wish we'd took heed of the reviews first and spent our time and money elsewhere.

Service was gruff bordering on rude, lots of the menu unavailable, food was pretty poor quality and poor value.

I suggest the owners go and visit the beagle or the parlour to see how simple but high quality dining is done.

1  Thank TravelTidge

We are sorry you had a negative experience at Olive & Thyme. As a new business we take your feedback very seriously. Could you please email us on info@oliveandthyme.co.uk to discuss further your visit to Olive & Thyme.