“Retro but good food”

Dilshad Tandoori Restaurant
Ranked #474 of 2,325 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We hadn't been in the Dilshad for many years but decided to give it a try the other night.

Very clean and tidy, and a nice atmosphere. The menu is very limited compared to a lot of places these days - but as it is only a small place I suspect they don't have an enormous kitchen or kitchen staff. Think about the menus of the 70's/early 80's and you've got it. Choice was pretty much the usual rogan josh, danschak, dupiaza etc but they did have a few 'specialities'. Excellent choise of starters

The food we had was very nice, good size portions, hot and nicely served. We had poppadoms, onion bhaji, seek kebab (excellent) followed by chickren madras and chicken tikka meal. The mid week deal is excellent and we finished up stuffed.

The staff are efficient and sort of pleasant but didn't seem to engage. Let's say a bit reserved/cool.

All in all, a very good 'local' curry house but, if you are looking for a more extensive menu, you'll be disappointed. But you will pay less.

1  Thank nellya377
There are newer reviews for Dilshad Tandoori Restaurant

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We always visit this Indian if we want a lovely meal with great service, have eaten here many times and cannot fail this restaurant.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Booked a meal here for myself and my partner and due to it being Christmas day I didn't really expect excellence and thought it would probably be less personal and possibly the food would be pre cooked. I cannot praise them enough. The food was mouth watering, well cooked, fresh and delicious. The meal size was more than expected and we where so full we where unable to finish the main meal and had to decline the dessert. The service was second to none. I felt really valued as a customer and I never had an empty glass or cup.
I do eat spicy food quite regularly as well as cooking it myself and I can highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes great quality food and fantastic service. If you want evening this is the place to go.