“Who puts a hard boiled egg in a curry”
Review of Spice Lounge

Spice Lounge
Ranked #253 of 2,345 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 23, 2013

The starters were nice but the Rogan Josh tasted like hceap tinned tomatoes and the Masaman had a revolting grey hardboiled egg in it!!! I was pretty dissapointed

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We usually go to Akbars but because we can't book there in advance and didn't want to take a chance we decided to try here...
There was 18 of us, the service was excellent - attentive without being intrusive and the food was lovely with big portions. The onion bhaji's were the biggest anyone around the table had ever seen!
The decor is modern and clean, the man on the door in traditional dress is a nice little touch and even the toilets were immaculate.

We will definitely be going back again..

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Visited late one evening while in town for the Christmas markets.
As it was a Sunday night the restaurant was fairly quiet which meant service was efficient.

As it was late in the evening we only had poppadums and a main each but the food was hot, well cooked and quite tasty.

Overall experience was satisfactory and I would use again if in the vicinity but probably not go out of my way to do so as Manchester has so many options for pIndian and Chinese restaurants.

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Staff are very welcoming and food is very good. However, it is dear compared to other places but this could be due to its location? Garlic coriander naan was the best I have had. Unfortunatly starters and other things where to pricey and staff kept coming over looking to see if we had finished making us feel uncomfortable and rushed.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I ate here on a Sunday evening. The restaurant was not busy but turning over a reasonable number of clients. I was greeted very warmly by the staff and I found the service most attentive, but not intrusive. The menu selection is what one expects. My meal arrived very promptly and was absolutely delicious. I ordered a side dish rather than a main course and believe me it was plenty big enough. The restaurant itself is very clean and has a lovely modern ambience. I would recommend it and would also return next time I am in Manchester.