“Poor communication, Don't speak english, dry food”
Review of Turkish Kitchen

Turkish Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Turkish Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #207 of 2,345 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Turkish Kitchen Restaurant we looking forward to serving you! Turkish food is regarded as one of the world's great cuisines. Today, travellers are discovering Turkey, and dining well. From kebabs to mezze Turkish Kitchen brings An Authentic taste of world famous cuisine with warm and professional service. Make sure to try the Beyti Kebab and the Chicken Shish for an unforgettable meal, or take the hummus with some freshly baked bread. Most of our food is home made from family recipes, specifically our Firin Sütlaç is from a old family recipe and a delight to experience, so what are you waiting for? Located just a short walk away from the MEN arena, A limited number of FREE parking spaces are available at the rear of the shop for customers who dine with us.
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Went to Turkish Kitchen for lunch, waiter could not understand any of the questions I was asking. I wanted to know what was included in the different meal options. The waiter kept saying yes, yes yes to every question I asked. He pointed at some pictures on the wall, which were very low resolution, I couldn't make out what was in them. Decided to order a Shawarma meal. When it arrived it was very dry and barely edible. Left the place hungry.Waste of money.

5  Thank Bernard C

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Had lunch there today service was brilliant and the staff we're polite and very helpful food was excellent presented well and tasted wonderful the restaurant was cleaned to a high standard would recommend this place highly was also excellent value for money and can't wait to return thank u.

1  Thank 166Kate
TurkishKitchenUK, Manager at Turkish Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had been to Turkish Kitchen 3 times on my Lunch break was making it a once a week thing, and was satisfied with the food, However I was a bit confused as I did not know what to expect every-time I received my food as each time I ordered, what I got was a little bit different.

On the first 2 occasions I ordered chicken sis meal, 1st time I only got a a small quantity of chips, next time I had lots. I did not raise this with the staff.

3rd time I ordered the chicken wings meal, which came on a bed of Donner and had chips as well as rice and some salad.

4th time I ordered the chicken wings meal again, however it came without chips and the bed of donner,

This was a big enough difference for me to query the staff, the owner happened to be there and I did not have a very good encounter with him. He claimed I would have order a different meal last time, however I explained their service was inconsistent and it is something that should be looked at.

The meal he claimed I had last time was Mix grill, which happened to be more expensive. I explained I paid the same price last time and got more. The expectation this time was I would get the same.

The owner did not handle this situation logically, he asked me if I would like the more expensive meal. I said no I dont have time, I am on my lunch, I am just advising so you would look at providing a consistent experience, he was very offended, and he did not believe me, and said I am taking away your meal and make you Mix grill.

As I did not have time I declined this offer and said I will just eat what they had provided. He said no, I said I did not have time for this and waled out stating the customer service is ridiculous.

I was very disappointing with the service I received. The owner was too proud to admit he was wrong, did not want to listen to what I had to say, and put his hand up as to say bye, talk to the hand as I walked out. Communication skills were lacking

All throughout this conversation I was polite. He obviously did not want any criticism and as a consequence my business.

8  Thank TheFrankGuy
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We've been here several times.....Great value for money, food is delicious and the staff are very helpful and friendly.

3  Thank AnneMed

Reviewed September 16, 2013

A friend had passed by Turkish Kitchen many times and it was always packed, so we decided to go one day in the afternoon. It was fairly empty, though the odd table was occupied. The place is very spacious and clean. We ordered different meat dishes from the menu and were given some dips and pide which were complimentary. The pide was nice and warm and the dips were tasty - we had humous, a spinach dip and another dip which was a little bit like salsa. The mains arrived and my friend who had ordered a lamb dish got a chicken dish instead - didn't really matter, we just tucked in. I must say I was quite disappointed with the main I ordered which was the platter with different meats. With the exception of the doner meat (both chicken and lamb), the rest of the meat was quite hard, dry and bland. It was a shame as I was really looking forward to the main after the starters. Other people in the party were also not particularly impressed with what they had ordered. If I do return to Turkish Kitchen, I will try other things on the menu just to see what they are like and how they compare.

1  Thank doofvfood