“Lovely food and surrounding's but poor service.”
Review of Neighbourhood

Neighbourhood
Reserve with OpenTable
Neighbourhood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #273 of 2,356 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An all day New York inspired eatery & bar serving Manhattan's interpretation of international cuisine alongside bespoke cocktails.
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stopped for a drink, the draught beer is lovely so we decided to have lunch there. The team member behind the bar who gave us the menu's didn't know which menus were available and had to ask.
We then ordered, my partner ordered a burger which he asked if it came with chips, a different team member behind the bar had to ask somebody else what it came with. I then order off the starter/light bites section and ordered the mini burger, chicken lollipops and a portion of chips.
The two dishes I ordered came out, after a few minutes we asked where the rest of our food was and the lad said the kitchen thought they were starters (even though I'd ordered chips with them!!)
We waited ten minutes for the burger and then had to ask for my chips, by this point my food had gone cold anyway.
The food was nice but the the staff clearly have lack of training and a very laid back attitude as there were a plenty of staff on, mainly stood around talking and not noticing guests trying to catch their attention. There was clearly a manager on duty who didn't seem to notice there was a problem and his staff did not communicate the problem we experienced. We didn't complain as we were visiting Manchester for a nice night away and didn't want to spoil it by complaining whilst trying to eat.
We spent £50 and had the service just been even slightly average we would defiantly visit again but we would only visit again for the nice beer.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

It was -1 degrees and my partner and I had come up from London to visit friends in Manchester. We were all dressed up for our evening out but as I was wearing a waterproof/thermal jacket over my silk jumpsuit and heels they took one look at our group and the bouncer nearly didn't let us in - until we said we had a booking and suddenly they welcomed us inside - I find this attitude appalling!

The hilarious thing is that it's not even a fancy restaurant - they clearly wanted to attract the 'flashy' new money types (heavily branded apparel, chavvy, lady parts exposed, hemlines just below the crotch...etc) and weren't interested in attracting well educated and culturally aware old money types.

The food was average - not a patch on Manhattan's fine dining which is where a lot of my family live and where i've travelled (and dined) on several occasions.

Neighbourhood was severely let down but it's incompetent staff - i'm not particularly fussed I live over 200 miles away as I certainly wouldn't want to dine here again.

2  Thank czaral
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from Friday night dinner. Amazing food and great atmosphere. This place could easily be in london or New York. The DJ was playing really good music. The bill was a bit steep at over £500 for six people but it was worth it overall. Would definitely go again.

1  Thank 7,288
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went for dinner and drinks as a group of 7 and were looked after very well. The atmosphere was good and the food and drinks were very well presented and were of a high quality. Definite one of the new in places in Manchester and I would highly recommend going.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I booked a table for dinner at 4.30 The food,the service,the ambience is all nothing short of faultless.At one stage the maitre de came to the table for a chat and to explain what the restaurant was all about,he typified all the staff,very pleasant and lots of smiles.Niether my wife or I could find a single negative.To all the staff a huge thank you for giving us such a nice few hours,we can't wait to return with friends.Manchester is now boasting some fabulous places to dine and Neighbourhood is right up there with the best.

1  Thank Anthony P