“Excellent Beer, even better Food”
Review of The Beagle

The Beagle
Ranked #1,053 of 2,368 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Mexican, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Tried out the Beagle with two friends on a visit to Chorlton to check out the bars and pubs on offer. This was by far the best pint we had all night. I had some IPA which sadly I cannot remember the name of and it was wonderful.

Then came the food, Gosnargh Chicken, which was tender and did the trick.

The Beagle is very much recommended.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I think my friends are sick of me raving about this restaurant...but it is totally justified. I'm a local so am thrilled to have this on the doorstep. Have probably been on a fortnightly basis since it opened whether just for a drink or for food. The roast is unrivalled, rib of beef, wow, sublime. It is the perfect cure for a hangover. Could drink the gravy on it's own. The sides are all lovely have probably ordered the kale everytime and am a convert. Collonial goose also highly recommended. Like the little touches like the bread with dripping which is very much a guilty pleasure. Pleased to see a good variety of vegan and vegetarian options too. Am used to food and wine matching so the idea of food and beer matching was quite novel but it works a treat and the staff there are very knowledgable on the subject. Service is friendly, could be a bit sharper. All in all i bloody well love it.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We had never visited the previous restaurants that have inhabited this space but decided to go for an early meal after a hard day at work. We were very glad that we had ventured away from our usual first choice restaurant in Chorlton. Everything about our evening was just. spot on. Service was relaxed, friendly and efficient and the food was fantastic. We had bread and dripping...took me back to childhood...followed by hay smoked salmon and the lamb. My salmon was delicious and my wife said her lamb was rhe best she had had in a restaurant. We had to have pudding...just because we could have eaten everything on the dessert menu.We chose treacle tart with Earl Grey icecream and the Sussex pond pudding...both were gorgeous.
We will definitely be back soon...maybe on Sunday for the Sunday lunch!

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Went for a birthday lunch on a Friday lunchtime. As there were 9 of us we had to pre-order the food, something I usually don't like doing. There is the usual à la carte menu but also a shorter menu which has an offer of two courses and a side for £17 which isn't too bad. The menu is inspired by Aumbry restaurant in Prestwich and having eaten there I was concerned that the Beagle would repeat their tiny portions. I ordered smoked mackerel starter which was ok. Decent portion but not a spectacular taste. My main was a beef pie with kale and a side of champ. The pie was good. Very solid meaty content. I had never heard of champ before (mashed potatoes with spring onions) but it was lovely. Only complaint was the pathetic portion of kale. It's cheap and there should have been more of it. Overall the food was better than I expected but a little overpriced.
The main attraction of the Beagle is the range of beers. I tried a few and they were brilliant. Definitely recommend it for the beer.
The service was mostly friendly and efficient.
The room was quiet on a Friday lunchtime and rather cold and thus lacked atmosphere.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Roast dinner was very good, loved the free bread and beef dripping. Waiters were trained better than the waitresses. One of them was showing too much cleavage for a Sunday afternoon. The plates for the roasts looked good but they were too small and took away from the quality of the meat n veg.

Meat was very good as was the veg.
Definitely will return