“Excellent staff; clean, comfy and 10 mins from picaddily”

Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street
Ranked #62 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
UK
“Excellent staff; clean, comfy and 10 mins from picaddily”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The Hotel always exceeds my expectations and regularly impressed with the service received from the staff. Always a pleasure to staff and nice views from the top rooms.
Clean, comfy and accessable, highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you very much once again for your continued loyalty and for another complimentary review.
I'm thrilled you have been consistently impressed with the service and we are maintaining the high standard you have come to expect from us.

The team and I look forwrad to seeing you on your next visit.

Frederic Dumont

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Was a bit worried when my boyfriend said he'd booked a budget hotel but I was pleasantly surprised, it was lovely and clean, staff were very polite, it was everything that was needed, only slight niggle was the bed was a little hard but all in all a good visit, would definatly stay here again :)

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. I am very pleased to hear the hotel exceeded your expectations and you were impressed with the service you received from the team.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I’ve stayed here twice now, once with my boyfriend and once with friends. The hotel is basic, clean, modern and relatively comfortable. Despite being next to a main road the rooms are quiet with the only noise occasionally coming from the corridor. When I stayed with friends we stayed in a room for three people which I cannot recommend enough. The room we stayed in had a double bed with a single bunkbed over the top and was extremely spacious. We stayed here before the theatre/night out and it was perfect for what we needed it for. On both visits the room were clean and spacious.

The only complaint I have against this hotel is the shower being in the room, with a mirror angled at it so that even on the bed you can see the person showering! Although this is manageable it is worth being aware of as, depending upon who you are travelling with, it may be less than ideal. The shower itself was lovely and powerful. Also I would recommend asking for an extra pillow as on both stays we only had one per person which was not enough for us personally. Despite asking for this before my second visit we did not receive any in room, however the reception staff were extremely helpful and friendly and got us some with no fuss. To access the lift to the rooms you have to use your keycard before the call button will work, which meant that as a group of girls we felt perfectly safe during our stay in the hotel.

The hotel is ideal if you’re not planning on spending much time in the room/ are looking for a great deal/ a room for three. It’s cheap and cheerful but a bit basic for a romantic stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you very much for leaving such a detailed review of the hotel.
I am very pleased you have consistently enjoyed your stays with us; finding the rooms spacious and clean.

The design of the cocoon rooms is standard across the Ibis Budget brand and offers the shower cubicle and sink in the room and a separate enclosed toilet cubicle.

I am thrilled you were more than satisfied with the service you received from the team and our security measures offered peace of mind to you and the rest of your party.

We hope you will consider us again for future stays and look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2014

A modern hotel at a very good price. Good location, helpful staff and room comfortable and surprisingly spacious. I was a solo travel so bathroom facilities were fine. But if I was sharing the room I would not care for stepping out of the shower straight into the bedroom.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for your feedback. Its great to hear the hotel was in a suitable location for you and you were pleased with the service you received.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Lovely clean hotel, nice size room, only fault very small toilet, a little clausphobic. Just what I wanted for a party weekend. Very accommodating staff. Tram stop just across the road, one stop from Piccadilly, 2 minutes I the team. Ideal, would stay again!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay.
I am very pleased to hear the hotel suited your needs and you found the staff accomodating.
It's great to hear you would choose to stay again; we look forward to welcoming you back.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Good location near the city centre, room warm, clean and tidy, decent size shower, usual air con with no instructions, pleasant and efficient reception staff, some road noise on 3rd floor but otherwise pretty quiet, free wi-fi but a bit slow, typical buffet breakfast which was fine. A little litter dropped by guests near the lifts - but not much the staff can do about that. No hotel parking but free parking on Pollard St 6pm - 8am during the week. Nothing special about the hotel but decent value and I'd consider using it again.

Room Tip: Higher floors may have less road noise, but maybe more wind.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay.
I am very pleased you felt the hotel was in a good location and you were satisfied with your overall stay and the service you received.

It's great to hear you would consider staying with us again in future.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Me and my daughter stayed here for a weekend of shopping. We loved it!
The staff were fabulous and couldn't do enough for us. We got the ground floor room requested, info on the surrounding area, extra pillows when requested and a taxi was offered to us.
The room was very modern and good value for money. The only thing wrong was the shower was not as hot as I would like. I can imagine if you were there with friends it may be a bit awkward showering with it being in the room.
We had breakfast there and it is value for money at £4.95 for a continental breakfast.
Will defo be using it again!

• Stayed January 2014
Frederic_Dumont_6943, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Manchester Centre Pollard Street, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind comments and compliments.
It is fantastic to hear you had such an enjoyable stay and you felt the staff were 'fabulous'; they will be delighted to receive the feedback.

I'm very pleased you felt the breakfast buffet and your overall stay were good value for money and you would choose to stay with us again.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back.