“Wonderful staff”

Annies
Ranked #84 of 2,368 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Annies is owned by actress Jennie McAlpine and her partner Chris Farr. Located just off St. Ann's Square in the iconic Royal Exchange building, tucked away from the hustle and bustle, Annies is the perfect setting to eat good old fashioned food and relax in comfort and style. For a business lunch, traditional afternoon tea, pre-theatre meal, leisurely evening dinner or a private party, Annies is the place to find traditional, good quality food and friendly service. Let us look after you!
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Visited with my other half. All the staff were very friendly, they really made us feel welcome. Had a drink in the lounge first, lovely big comfy chairs. Moved through to the restaurant and they had decorated our table as we were celebrating a birthday, even gave a birthday card which was a lovely touch. The food was nice only one thing the cheese pie seemed to be lacking something. It was nice but a bit dry but otherwise we both enjoyed the food, husband loved the burger and sticky toffee pudding and choc fizz bomb were great.
One thing was they ran out of towels to dry hands in the ladies loos and there was no hand drier. They did have a couple of huge parties in so were busy but someone still needs to check. We met Tom, Jennies dad who was very nice. Overall its made to feel like a family place and we really did feel welcome. We would definately return to eat and also just to visit the lounge for a drink.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,231)

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Booked this as 'works do' so felt a little responsible for the overall enjoyment of the day .have to say very very disappointed with the food . Starter black pudding(not cheap) only got 1 slice of blk pudd & few lettuce leafs . Mains the famous 3 cheese pie , hardly any cheese in it , mainly potatoe and very , very dry . The worst offence for me personally was the frozen chips !!!! It came with . Come on Jenny mcalpine get yr act together if u want this to succeed. A response would be appreciated

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Annie's pulled out all the stops for my birthday!! They was even kind enough to decorate the table with balloons and banners! I was welcomed with a free glass of bubbly! The only bad thing I can say is the steak and ale pie was a tad on the peppery side! And the drinks were abit pricey but we wasn't to fussed as it was a special occasion! Would defiantly recommend!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

The four of us visited Annies for the first time 10/11. We stuggled to find the place as it's down a side street, but was pleasantly surprised when we walked in. The decor reminded me of a theatre - dramatic velvet drapes & chandeliers. We were seated by really friendly staff who took our coats for us & took drinks orders straight away. I had looked at the menu online earlier in the week & had already picked what I wanted & was looking forward to it! So I was disappointed to find there was a limited menu on a Sunday that mainly consisted of Sunday lunch. I don't eat meat so my only option was fish & chips. This wasn't a problem for them though, they asked what it was I had seen on the full menu & even though they couldn't make the Haddock Mornay I had wanted offered me a pan fried halibut on buttered spinach with herby mash (which sounded nicer than my original choice!). It was lovely & I really appreciated them going out of their way. The rest of the party were also happy with their meals & we all said we would visit again.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Disappointing second visit for Sunday lunch. Even though the restaurant was almost empty they were turning customer who hadn’t booked away, must have had a lot of bookings arriving later. From the small selection we had mushrooms and goats cheese, very nice, and pan fried chicken livers which was far too big, no one could eat that many livers. Mains were roast beef and gammon, vegetables were well cooked and tasty but the potatoes were hard and the meat was far too well done. Service was very good but the kitchen was very slow. We will think twice before returning a third time.