“Perfect start to my Hen-do”
Review of Annies

Annies
Ranked #106 of 2,261 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Annies is owned by actress Jennie McAlpine and her partner Chris Farr. Located just off St. Ann's Square in the iconic Royal Exchange building, tucked away from the hustle and bustle, Annies is the perfect setting to eat good old fashioned food and relax in comfort and style. For a business lunch, traditional afternoon tea, pre-theatre meal, leisurely evening dinner or a private party, Annies is the place to find traditional, good quality food and friendly service. Let us look after you!
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Perfect start to my Hen-do”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My best friend organised a meal here for my hen-do. On arrival I was given a complimentary glass of bubbly as we all sat in the bar area and decided which cocktails we were going for.

We were then shown to our table. I thought the restaurant was really nicely decorated and had a lovely ambience about it.

The food was very impressive. My steak was cooked perfectly and well presented.

The service could not be faulted.

We met Jennie and her dad as we were leaving. They are extremely genuine and welcome all feedback given. I had a brilliant time there and will definitely return with my hubby.

• Visited August 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Annie's traditional and welcoming.”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Myself and my husband visited Annie's partly due to recommendation and partly due to the traditional menu and the lure of sticky toffee pudding. The restaurant was quiet when we arrived on a very blustery night. We were warmly welcomed as soon as we walked down the stairs. The atmosphere was relaxed and there was a very talented lady playing the piano and entertaining us which was a nice touch as we love live music. We were offered the option of having a drink in the lounge or going straight to our table. We chose the latter as we were pretty ravenous. We both ordered the king prawns in a broth to start. It was tasty but a bit cold. We ate it all up anyway. Then for main we had slow braised steak and a fillet steak which were delicious. Sadly I did not have room for the sticky toffee pudding that I had looked forward to. We then sat in the comfy chairs in the lounge/bar area and enjoyed a drink. We also got to have a little chat with Jenny (Fizz), who was very friendly and asked how our meals had been. Really enjoyed our visit and will most certainly go again soon but will save enough room for the sticky toffee pudding next time!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank bexstablek
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

8 of us went for an evening meal on a Monday night, it was very quiet (as expected) ) but the food and service was excellent. To top it off Jenny was there and made the evening worth while for our Canadian Corrie fan!!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food, a couple of niggles.”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We visited on a Saturday night and enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. The wine was excellent. There's plenty of room and the lighting is good. The problem was that one of our main courses failed to arrive. Apparently a breakdown in communication. The staff couldn't have been more apologetic but it's a basic mistake and looking back this isn't the first time it has happened. Also, the toilets were out of commission and we had to use the ones upstairs which weren't that easy to find. Someone should have ensured customers were directed to them. There were plenty of staff on duty and it wasn't that busy.
We'll give it another try though, the friendliness of the staff makes up for a lot!

• Visited October 2013
Staffordshire
“Will definitely return”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Thank you to all of the Annie's team for making my mum, sister & I so welcome when we came for Saturday lunch recently. The food was fantastic and just right for lunch and great quality. We shall definitely return. Special thanks to the very lovely Jenny who made us so welcome - my mum is now your number 1 fan!! Hope to see you soon.

Visited October 2013