“Warm and welcoming”

Annies
Ranked #88 of 2,361 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Annies is owned by actress Jennie McAlpine and her partner Chris Farr. Located just off St. Ann's Square in the iconic Royal Exchange building, tucked away from the hustle and bustle, Annies is the perfect setting to eat good old fashioned food and relax in comfort and style. For a business lunch, traditional afternoon tea, pre-theatre meal, leisurely evening dinner or a private party, Annies is the place to find traditional, good quality food and friendly service. Let us look after you!
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Having goin to Annies back in february I will definately be going back. I was fortunate enough to meet Jennie Mcalpine there.she was so welcoming and even posed for pictures.She introduced us to her partner Chris who also made us feel welcome.The food is beautiful.Great atmosphere also. I will return for a roast sunday lunch that is for sure.Jennie and Chris are a lovely couple and I wish them all the best for the future.keep up the great work.I must admit I was a bit starstruck at meeting Jennie.I suggest evrybody goes to Annies whether for a full 3 course meal or just a cup of tea and cake.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

First visit was for lunch midweek with some friends.
Straight away you notice that the staff try really hard to make you feel welcome but manage to avoid being intrusive.
The menu is different from anywhere else but somehow seems familiar. Why? Perhaps it is because they offer dishes like Crumbly Lancashire Cheese Salad which is home territory but rarely if ever seen on restaurant menus. Then there is Manchester Tart - sometimes seen in traditional bakers or a distant memory from school but a classic dish.
We had booked in advance and found the entire experience to be very good indeed and the price was very good value.
In summary it is not chic, not gimmicky, not outrageously priced but I hope it is around for a long time to come for it's ability to deliver a quality dining experience. My new No.1 choice.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Hi

Just wanted to say thankyou once more for a wonderful meal last night, all of us had a fab time, the food was superb, and the welcome and friendliness from all staff including Jenny was unbelievable, to have our own room, with balloons etc was a lovely touch. Many Thanks Angela
xx

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Annie's is a beautiful restaurant in the centre of manchester. I had invited 3 schoolfriends fromEire tovisit for the weekend so we could have a joint 60th birthday. I booked us in to this restaurant for Sunday lunch and we all agreed it was the best Sunday lunch we had ever tasted. We were welcomed by Jenny and Chris and shown to our table. It had been decorated with balloons and fresh flowers When Jenny heard they had come from ireland she told them about her own connections with Ireland.She introduced us to her lovely dad and she posed with us for lots of photos.Chris also gave us a warm welcome and did his best to make sure everything went to plan. The staff were very friendly and helpful.The menu contained some of Manchesters famous dishes as well as fish and chips.The puddings were amazing as well. When we were leaving Jenny and her dad came to the front door to wave off the girls and to say it was a pleasure to have us celebrating our 60th birthdays with her and Chris. It was the icing on the cake for the girls as they are huge Corrie fans. Will definately be going back again soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Annies is a lovely restaurant. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. We had the Sunday dinner and it is without doubt the best Sunday dinner I have had in a restaurant. We will be going back to try other items on the menu.