“Needs better veggie options” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Annies

Annies
Ranked #99 of 2,185 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Annies is owned by actress Jennie McAlpine and her partner Chris Farr. Located just off St. Ann's Square in the iconic Royal Exchange building, tucked away from the hustle and bustle, Annies is the perfect setting to eat good old fashioned food and relax in comfort and style. For a business lunch, traditional afternoon tea, pre-theatre meal, leisurely evening dinner or a private party, Annies is the place to find traditional, good quality food and friendly service. Let us look after you!
Manchester, UK
“Needs better veggie options”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I'm old enough to remember the bad old days when a vegetarian would be offered an omelette. This menu wasnt far off that with starters options of soup or salad. When I said that I didn't really fancy either of those options the waitress went into the kitchen to find out that they could offer an alternative salad option! It took the owner to ask and for me to be offered vegetable tempura, which was nice.

For my main I had cheese pie. It was no pie and I think they forgot the cheese. It was really tasteless. I do think that he restaurant has promise but they need to rethink the menu for me to return.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Alan B

“Great Food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Went to Annie's and was very satisfied with the food. The Menu was traditional and the Wine List extensive. The Staff were very attentive and polite. Would recommend for a really good meal with good service with relaxed surroundings right in the centre of Manchester.

1 Thank AndasC
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Went here last week, we made a booking but expressed at the time that one of us was a vegetarian and that soup or a salad wasn't really an option as a starter, we were told if we booked the chef would make something else, great we thought so booked. We arrived and were shown to a table, well I was, my partner felt he was a bit ignored but we sat down and were given menus, after a while we actually had to ask for a drink! We then came to order and asked what else could be made, the waitress went off to see the kitchen and returned suggesting we had to pick off the menu, it took the owner Chris to come over and suggest vegetable tempura was an option! Starters arrived and were lovely, I had the black pudding rolls. The mains then came and whilst mine was very tasty, chicken breast in a sauce (although I felt it needed to come with chips or at least veg?), my partners was terrible, 3 cheese pie, it was just a tasteless roux topped with potato, I tried it and was shocked. We mentioned this on the way out and also emailed and asked for comments but nobody has bothered coming back to us, a real shame as places like this need to survive and as regular diners in Manchester, I am not quite sure if we would now return.

3 Thank spendleb48
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A real treat for Mother's Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I returned to Annies yesterday with the whole family for Mother's Day and we were not disappointed. Although it was packed out, the service was still superb and the atmosphere still brilliantly relaxed. The scallop starter (we all had it) was sublime. We had pre-ordered as we had to get away to the Opera House on-time and we ended up with time to spare, so thanks to everyone for that. My 15 year old son even asked when we could next come back as he was so impressed not only by the scallops, but also by the melting quality of the braised lamb shank which he had.

Annies remains the complete package - superb food, fantastic service, as many have commented attentive without being in any way oppresive or intrusive, and not least a supremely relaxed and friendly atmosphere. We will be back again soon!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“really good food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I decided to go to Annie's for my birthday and invited 21 of my friends to join me .we were greeted and looked after really well the staff were amazing warm an friendly.our food was absolutely delicious and the portions were generous the place is brilliantly run and the staff are worth their weight in gold they made my birthday night a very good night .I will defiantly be going back .