“Wonderful birthday meal!”
Review of Jamie's Italian

Jamie's Italian
Ranked #197 of 2,254 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Todmorden, United Kingdom
“Wonderful birthday meal!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Me and my partner were both very pleased with our experience at Jamie's. The staff were very attentive, food was great and I received a free bottle of Prosecco and a brownie with it being my birthday and being a member of the Gold Club. The brownie was amazing and although the cocktails are rather expensive indeed they too are delicious. Overall very happy :)

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“excellent again”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Popped in for lunch on a Saturday, and as usual it was great. Once again, the service from all the members of staff was excellent. We only went for a main course as this was only lunch as part of a big weekend.
My Wife and I both went for something off the ever changing specials menu, and this is the only place in the UK that I will have Pasta. My food was excellent, it was slow cooked Lamb with Pasta made on site, and a Ragu with various herbs and Chilies, It was just excellent. My wife never has Risotto out, but again this is the only place she will have it, and she loved it as usual.
We’ve been to Jamie’s Italian a few times and it has never disappointed in any form.
The Building that houses the restaurant is also just fantastic, the only down side is that it can be a little noisy at times, but for us that’s just part of the atmosphere of the place.
We will be returning as its one of our favorites to visit when in the city

“Excellent”
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Had a fantastic meal great service from start to end felt appreciated from the staff great all round experience

“Pleasant”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Came here on a Friday night and the place was buzzing. The staff here are lovely and the surroundings beautiful. My boyfriend had steak and really enjoyed it. I had the cannelloni and found it a little under-seasoned. However my starter of croquettes was delicious and the tiramisu for dessert was out of this world. Will definitely be returning in the future.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Irish L
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Disappointing :(”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Went to Jamie's Italian for a late lunch today with my partner! I have heard consistently poor feedback about the food at this restaurant from friends but loving both Jamie and Italian food, I really wanted to give it a go (and the feedback on Tripadvisor is pretty good too)! I went in with an open mind despite what I have heard but was sadly disappointed! To start I had a lemon squid, which was ok but nothing special in terms of the flavours! For the main I had the pork belly with mushrooms and a deep fried courgettes side! Again, without the mayo dip for the starter and courgette side, both dishes were pretty bland, although to be fair did come with chilli if that's your idea of flavour! The pork was average, a little bit dry to be honest, but the main issue was the gravy served on the plate - it was very very salty and I actually had to leave half the dish, which was only the pork and mushrooms anyway so I hardly ate anything! My partner tasted it, said he liked it so I thought it must have been my pallet. He finished my meal but then did confess it was very salty and couldn't have eaten any more than what I had left. We had wine and prosecco to accompany our meal and whilst I enjoyed my prosecco, my partner had bits floating in his wine! I wanted to return it for him but he didn't want a fuss so we just skipped dessert and left. I have heard such poor reports about the restaurant, I am now surprised it has such good feedback on Tripadvisor! On the plus side the service is great, quick and friendly! The refurbishment is not to my taste but that's an aside, I actually do think there are much better Italian restaurants in this price bracket than Jamie's Italian in Manchester and whilst I so wanted to enjoy my visit, I left feeling quite disappointed!