“Beautiful Restaurant With Good Food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jamie's Italian

Jamie's Italian
Ranked #189 of 2,184 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Restaurant With Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

When we walked into the restaurant we were wowed by the size and look of the restaurant. The interior is beautiful with a great atmosphere.
We booked online a week in advance and the earliest time available was 9:15pm, the restaurant was full so we were lucky to get in at this time.
We were seated upstairs which was a bit of a treck but we had a lovely seat looking over the downstairs.
For starters we had bruschetta and mushroom dish which were both a bit disappointing. There wasn't anything majorly wrong with them just not to our taste.
I had carbonara for my main and my partner had lasagne. These were both lovely, my carbonara had a taste of lemon and leek which was nice and gave it an unusual twist. The lasagne tasted fresh and home made.
We were expecting the food to be more expensive considering the Jamie Oliver name, however it was reasonably priced and was about the same as other Italian restaurants.
My favourite part of the night was the toilets- each cubicle could fit a double bed in!!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Cheshire
“Great place serving Gluten free pasta!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

this is definately worth a visit, the building is an old bank and the vaults are still there and you can huire the rooms it has a great atmosphere. The food is exceptional and more so the fact they do gluten free pasta but don't promote it very well.
The staff are friendly and polite and very helpful and the prices are reasonable!

Well worth a visit.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Yummmmmm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I just loved my visit there with my family.
Not much to say other than the food was so so yummy!!
We had such a great night. thanks :-)

Manchester
“I keep coming back for more!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I really don't understand the bad reviews of Jamie's, it's Italian, not rocket science, joe public does not know great Italian cooking. I must have been there over 15 times and taken clients, family and friends and the food I have experienced here is well balanced, tasty and creative. If people are slating the olives, they don't know their olives and must like theirs smothered in oil, garlic and chilli, Jamies are fresh, delicious and very good value! One of my favourite dishes is the prawn linguini with chilli and rocket, truly wonderful, they also have some of the best gluten free pasta I have experienced. The staff are super attentive and polite and always well versed in the menu and specials. There is an excellent choice of wine and what can I say about the amazing building, it's stunning. The toilets may be far away but they are worth the hike! Jamie's is an experience, but I would say get advice on the menu and choose wisely. How can you not like the freebies, so as a gold card holder I have free nibbles every time I go, I have had free wine, deserts, prosecco on my birthday, so Jamie keep up the great work!
!

• Visited March 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
“A wonderful experience in a beautiful building”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

We went to lunch on valentines day, we were lucky to arrived early, because in a question of minutes the place as full. The building is rustic, and decor is amazing, simple but with a exquisite touch. We seat near the kitchen and the pasta stand. Yes, you heard right, they make the most fresh pasta we ever seen, right in front of your eyes. The service is great, and all the staff is really helpfull and attentive, we didn't felt rushed to eat and go, we had a really pleasant and romantic meal! Absolutely, without a doubt, a really life experience.

We had:
Drinks: Jamies beer and Jamies mojito, both were excellent.
Starters: Crispy arancini, really spice and very tasty, and tuscan brushetta, very simple but delicious.
Mains: two pastas, the "Sausage Pappardelle" and the "Crab Spaghettini", were really tasty, cooked perfectly, and the combination of flavours was simply delicious.
Dessert: chocolate brownie and also the crumble, all delicious, especially the brownie!

• 3 of 5 bubbles