“Good”

Jamie's Italian
Ranked #394 of 2,420 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We went here last year for my sister's birthday. We all had a great time, but some of the meals were disappointing. I really enjoyed my seafood risotto. It was huge (!) but absolutely delicious. There were a few little bones in some of the seafood, one of which got stuck at the back of my throat! (Horrible!) But the meal was lovely. My Dad had the Turkey Milanese, he really didn't like it. When it arrived it looked like a dried up piece of turkey wrapped in breadcrumbs! It supposedly was rubbed with herbs and spices and they were bashed into the breadcrumbs but it was pretty horrid. But everyone else enjoyed the meals and the restaurant building itself is beautiful! The toilets are a bit confusing (lots of doors with no signs at the time!), but all in all a good restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,832)

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was my 2nd visit to a Jamies Italian, the first being in Greenwich a few months ago. Both times have been great I couldn't rate them highly enough. This time was for birthday celebrations and a reunion with family who I live away from. The service was quick, porkchetta was beautiful and the tutti frutti cheesecake with the mint was the best dessert I've had in a while. The building is beautiful and buzzing and a nice little bar area for drinks.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Great service great food. Young guy with beard really knew his stuff, my friend is pregnant and he knew off the top if his head what cheese she could and couldn't have, lovely restaurant

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Once arriving at the restaurant at 7.45pm, I was greeted with OUT a smile from the hostess. Very bad start to the experience. As she looked down at her screen for most of the conversation, with a very cold and unwelcoming manner, i was then told that my reservation wasn't there after booking it only 2 days ago. During making this booking i also requested a table upstairs in the main restaurant. After being seated at 8.30pm, we were placed in a dark, secluded area of the huge room. There was no apology, and no acknowledge to the fact i requested a table upstairs. Apart from the hostess with dark hair.. the service and manner of the staff was great and we had a lovely waiter. Then came the food! me and my boyfriend both ordered steak, by this point we were starving! The steak was tough, fatty and under seasoned! The greens that came with it were also nothing to shout about. The best thing on the plate were the chips. So we sent it back. To be fair, our waiter handled it really well and said they are really sorry and we can choose something else. By this point we were too hungry to even start enjoying the experience and just wanted to EAT! I ordered the Carbonara, and my boyfriend ordered the Crab Pasta...We were both disgusted at how salty the pasta dishes were and just wanted to leave. We ate the majority as we were so hungry. The manager dealt with the whole situation really well.. but we definitely WONT be going back! Seen as it was the first time we went to this restaurant after hearing mixed reviews, we certainly will not recommend it to anyone unfortunately. What a waste of time... and a waste of a beautiful building!

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife booked us in here for my 40th - I was sceptical, but friends had said it was special so we went with it. True, the building is lovely, and would make a great place to house boutique shops or galleries, but as an eatery has the feel of a cheap clattery canteen or - gulp - wetherspoons. The arriving diners are 'advised' to order a typically overpriced drink from the bar - after walking past rows of shelves proffering his cookery books for sale - before being crammed in to their late sitting. The food was overpriced, but universally tasty - the vongole was particularly fine. However, the whole business has been designed to make as much money for the sainted 'pukka' one as possible in the quickest time, and the great food can't mask the unpleasant taste of cash greed. If you're on a stag or hen night, great - otherwise, go elsewhere. Please.

1  Thank seanybaby