“Expected more”
Review of Avalanche Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Avalanche Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bringing a slice of Italy back to the building that housed Manchester's first Italian restaurant, Avalanche is also inspired by the fine dining establishments of Paris and Monte Carlo. Introducing an Italian trattoria concept, Avalanche conjures an authentic Italian vibe. Masters in fish and seafood courses, the Avalanche menu boasts fresh halibut and lobster. Boasting a stunning chandelier and sleek artwork, Avalanche is a spacious and high class eatery.
southeast england
“Expected more”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

All the reviews raved about this restaurant so thought we would give it a try. Not impressed at all. We were seated on the upper level next to the window and it was very draughty. The lighting is blue and it gives the food the affect of being a different colour to what it should be. Food was hot and well presented. As the restaurant was very busy we were inclined to be rushed. Tried it but will not be going back.

2 Thank foxycat-7
Manager A, Manager at Avalanche Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for your comment. We appreciate time taken by our guests to give us feedback on our service. It is disappointing that your first experience didn't meet your expectations. I must note, that Saturday is the busiest day of the week and we do have a 2 hour policy on the table. If you are looking to enjoy your night in a more relaxed atmosphere I would suggest our downstairs area, which is more private and exclusive.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope it won't put you off and we will welcome you again soon.

Stockport, United Kingdom
“Delightful”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Had never heard of Avalanche until we wanted to try somewhere different for a meal after an afternoon’s shopping, and like other recent reviewers, we stumbled across the place. And it was heaving. It’s a big restaurant with a downstairs area for extra seating and on this evening, a private function. I may be doing Avalanche a disservice, but I was glad we were seated upstairs as in my experience tables off the main floor level can sometimes have a feeling of “the land that time forgot“.
The food was excellent, starting with a trio of bruschetta, followed by swordfish with seafood and rounded off with a tiramisu. There were other desserts but we were too full for anything other than to share, although we both thought that the cheesecake was quite plain, based on the menu description, and would have needed something extra, e.g. a bit of fruit to interest us. Apart from one or two main courses you need to order sides as they are not included. This pushes up the price, but that’s city centre eating for you.
Staff very friendly and attentive and even though the place was busy we did not have to wait long at all for our food to arrive. Would we go back again? Most definitely.

2 Thank Mike0046
Thank you kindly for your great comment. It is nice to know that you enjoyed your experience at Avalanche. However, I must assure you that both areas of the restaurant are well looked after, downstairs is more private.

Once again, thank you and we are looking forward to your next visit.

“Fantastic”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Yet another recommendation and what a good one. We happened to be passing Avalanche and went in. The food was fantastic.

Served with typical Italian flair our three courses were excellent especially the lobster ravioli that I had it was meaty and sweet and the portion size was good.

Service was good although this is the second place that we have been to where a drink didn't arrive with the sweet and then was missed off the restaurant bill!

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Andrea C
Thank you kindly for a great feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at Avalanche Restaurant. We appreciate your custom and look forward to your next visit.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“One of my best experience!!!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I were walking around the christmas market and stumbled into this italian restaurant as the menu looked decent. Live music was on and so we thought this might be interesting. Service and the outlook was great, I had homemade soup for starter and my girlfriend had mussels with garlic and chili tomatoes sauce which makes me want to swap so badly... Then comes the main which was one of the biggest chicken dish I've ever had, the sauce, the taste, the atmosphere was just perfect. ;). And the best part is the panna cotta that is so irresistible even though I was so full I still manage to polish off :p. Recommended for any couples for a romantic evening.

• Visited November 2013
Thank you kindly for such a lovely feedback. We are delighted to hear that your first experience at Avalanche was very pleasant. Just to let you know that every Friday we have a live music, which makes the atmosphere more romantic.
We appreciate your custom and look forward to your next visit.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Customer Service Nil”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We booked a table as we were attending a show at the Palace Theatre. We were told on arrival our table was not ready however there appeared to be plenty of tables available and walk in customers appeared to be getting seated. We eventually asked the under manager why we had been kept waiting, he seated us and informed the waiter we had complained. I have to say after that food was prepared very quickly and brought to the table by a very nice young waitress. We asked the waitress for directions to the theatre and she called the waiter over to ask him he said to her what's up are they complaining again. We confronted him on what he had said and he said he was only joking we didn't find it funny.The bill had to be sent back 3 times as we had drinks on that we had not had. I informed the manager about the incident he was very matter of fact said he would have words with the waiter. Food was average and a bit over priced. will not be returning

2 Thank Bernie527