“As Amazing as Ever”
Review of Manchester Academy

Manchester Academy
More attraction details
Owner description: A collection of four intimate music venues, each of varying capacity and hosting a total of up to 5000 guests.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have been to this venue three times now, each time, never a problem, staff have been absolutely spot on and the people I've seen play have been bob on! Great set ups too, they know how to plan things! Great place, couldn't say a bad thing

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We attended a comedy night . The room was large and really cold.We were not given seat numbers as we had fold up seats . The venue was adequate for the type of evening it was and the price we paid for the tickets. We did get there early but although there were a lot of people queuing we still managed to sit near the front.

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We had a SUPERB time watching a band at the Academy 2. I found the academy itself to be ok with decent space and I was lucky enough to get near the front. The sound was amazing & loud without being piercing and the drinks were priced as you would expect. The only thing that let it down was a staff member. He clearly didn't want to be working there. When showing him my ticket he asked me abruptly 'is this YOUR ticket?!' I replied yes, of cause. He then said 'where did you get it?' I told him. He muttered something under his breath then took it off me without asking me to take it, just snatched it out my hand. Then when I asked to keep part of the ticket as a momentum (I collect the tickets from shows I have seen) he said 'NO'. I asked why, he said 'you WILL get it back at the END, jeesh'. Being nearly 30 I take offence when people talk to me like I'm a child. I realise you have a lot of people to get through & tickets to take but don't spoil an evening for a bunch of excited people waiting to see their favourite bands by talking down to them. A girl in front of me had a similar experience. The rest of the evening was absolutely fantastic. I will return to watch more bands there.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Been attending gigs there for years. The facelift is a huge improvement as are the manners of venue security. Big downside is the comedy pricing of beverages. Considering its right in the middle of student land, almost a fiver for a pint of disco p*ss? Come on, at least serve decent beers for that price!

3  Thank CheshireWalker
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Watched The Rifles at Academy 2 last night (21st November). I have visited this venue on numerous occasions but last night was the first time since it has had a revamp.

The bar area downstairs is comfortable, ideal for relaxing before the gig. Academy 2 looks the part and they have even installed a bar at the back of the room to save you keep going out to get a drink. We stood at the back of the room for the 2 support bands and found the sound quality ok, but not brilliant. When The Rifles came on, we moved more into the centre of the room and this seemed to make a massive difference, the sound was crystal clear.

So next time you visit Manchester’s Academy 2, try and head for the centre of the room.

1  Thank Michael S