“Best tapas in town”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Best tapas in town”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Just came beck from having a great experience here. The manager was lovely, tentative and friendly, excellent customer service. He made us feel really special. We tried the cocktails and they were amazing, i recommend the mango prosecco and the apple pie (which really does taste like an apple pie) and food was amazing too. Really unusual taste and really nice, and that's coming from a fussy eater. The price was just right for what you get. We are looking forward to going back there with a few friends, it's perfect if there is a group of you. I would recommend it everyone.

1 Thank kakeith

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect place to dine”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Foods amazing and service is great. Interior decoration including some snaps of urban hilly regions of nepal are outstanding. No doubt that tkhe owner has a unique sense of decor. The big picture of mount everest on the wall adds one more star to the small and peaceful kingdom of namche bazaar. 10/10

1 Thank praparbuty
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Will definitely be back”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We were tempted in by an offer of two for one on first two cocktails and tapas and seeing as how they had an apple pie cocktail I was in! The cocktails were bloody gorgeous and the food was also excellent. The staff were really helpful and we will definitely be back.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank chimpychew
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Tasty food and great service”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Visited namche bazaar last night and had great tapas and an interesting chat with the owner (whose family own the great Kathmandu next door). We ordered 3 dishes each (because we're greedy) and the waiter recommended naan with a very mild sauce which turned out to be the perfect accompaniment to the lamb, pork and chicken dishes we had. The owner is full of ideas and keen to have feedback from his customers as this is a new venture and a novel idea. I think this place has the potential to be a Nepalese bar San juan ( for those of you who've ventured over to beech road) which is high praise as I love that place. The owner talked about putting a thali on the menu, so you could order three different curries in one. I think this is a fantastic idea. I'd also like to see a 'piquant' menu for those of us that love flavour but not hot spices. The food at the moment is perfectly spiced and not hot (unless you choose the hot options) but mild options would be great. Perhaps a menu that's listed as hot, spicy and mild would be great. Expect to see this menu change and adapt as namche bazaar takes off. If it were mine I'd throw in some 'street food' like bel puri and mini dosa but maybe they're more Indian than nepalese. I'd also have thali trays and lots of chutneys and different sauces. Just a thought... We'll definitely be going back with friends to take over the sofas in the back room, try everything on the menu and try to get the owner to promise to not play James blunt (the rest of the music was good). If you're looking for contemporary Nepalese food in a relaxed atmosphere, this is the place to go.

1 Thank Charlotte C
manchester
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Way Forward”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I agree with Jean D, word for word. The food here is great and the perfect departure from
The usual curry fare. Burton Rd already has the Great Kathmandu, Namaste Nepal an Dhoop Shack, ALL of which are Nepalese and overlap to say the least in terms of what they offer. As long as Namche Bazaar keeps developing its menu I don't see the need to go back to any of them. Having said that I tend to order from the same few dishes with curries anyway, so in my view this place is already a winner.

1 Thank alexpoole