“Best way to see Manchester!”

Manchester Ghost Walk
Ranked #8 of 32 Tours in Manchester
More attraction details
Owner description: Flecky Bennett Productions The Manchester Ghost Walk The Tavern Of The Dead Manchester England The Haunted Canal Experience Manchester The Chorlton Chiller Gtr Manchester London's Highgate Ghost & Vamoure Walk
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best way to see Manchester!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I first went on one of Flecky's walks earlier last year. I'd had the underground walk recommended to me by a friend and it sounded phenomenal, so me and my boyfriend booked tickets. I'm quite an anxious person so was pleasantly surprised that although our host was terrifying to behold, was very friendly and made us feel very looked after. I was soon at ease. The underground tunnels were amazing and our host, Flecky, gave the perfect combination of history, spooky stories and entertainment. We even had a go at some paranormal experiments! It was such good fun! So much fun in fact that we have been 5 more walks since! These included a second visit underground with friends, who thoroughly enjoyed themselves, a ghost walk round Manchester with a visit underground, a Christmas ghost walk which was my personal favourite as I learnt so much history and ghost stories about the city I live in, and we even travelled all the way to London to go on Flecky's vampire walk in Highgate, which was brilliant! I would highly recommend these walks. I found them a fantastic way to explore places I'd never even seen before, and Flecky's imagination, knowledge and way of bringing things to live sets his set of ghost walks miles ahead of any others I have ever been on....and I have been on many, including ones in Chester, Whitby, Scarborough and York. Flecky's walks are the best by far!

1 Thank Farrah L

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Terrifyingly good times!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My first experience with Flecky was on his exceptional underground tour in Manchester which took us down 160ft into the spooky tunnels. We had an absolute blast, Flecky is a really great tour guide, telling gruesome well-researched tales without resorting to the "masked assistant jumping out of the shadows" gimmicks that many other tours do. He is very much on your side and looks after you! Booking was very easy and the instructions for finding the tour made total sense even though I had just moved to Manchester and was still finding my feet!

We have since been back on this tour and also his overground Manchester walk and the Highgate Vampire walk in London - both great fun as well and would recommend to anyone!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Matt-Price48
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent Service & Brilliant Night Out!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I too bought the Groupon deal and Flecky Bennett made the process simple and straight forward to redeem. It is true that you had to buy for a specific date & time. All performances completely sold out, and with good reason. It was my third performances. Fangtastic!

3 Thank Ton T
London, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Poor service”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We didn't even get to the tour, the service offered was hostile and we tried to get more dates but there weren't any available. Tried to use the website as directed but it didn't work and when asked for help we didn't recieve it.

3 Thank zach101
Ian W, Owner at Manchester Ghost Walk, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
This customer bought a half price Groupon voucher for a secific date & time, and he then decided he couldn't make it. At this point I should have sent him directly to Groupon to review their T&C's and that tickets are not refundable or exchangeable. However as a gesture of good will I offered him another date, and described in minute detail how to book for this date. Even if the website was down, he could have phoned the box office to book his tickets. I spent about three hours of my life trying to explain the procedure, all for £3? Never again would I use Groupon and inherit their difficult customers.