“Can't wait to go again!”

Scottish Steakhouse
Ranked #323 of 2,368 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Grill
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had a fantastic evening attending the relaunch of the Scottish Steak Club this week and can not wait to go back again. The mouth watering steaks and superb desserts were cooked and served so lovingly, I have not had a better meal for a very long time. To top it all the staff were efficient and friendly and they worked tirelessly to make it a perfect evening for our whole group. We can't wait to go back soon!

GenManManchester, General Manager at Scottish Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Dear Janette,

Thank you for highlighting how much you enjoyed our relaunch night. Given the popularity of it we'll be doing a few more querky events to ensure we retain interest.

The team put alot of work into the event as they do always so its great to read such positive feedback.

Many thanks once again

Reviewed June 26, 2014

So just had a fabulous meal at the recently relaunched Scottish steak club at the macdonald hotel in Manchester. It was fantastic. The food was fresh, well cooked and excellently presented. The service was wonderful and Ryan our server could not do enough for us. We were shocked when we found out it was his first week at the hotel. And to top it all off when we couldn't choose a dessert we were offered the sharing dessert platter. A little taste of everything that pleased everyone. I can't fault it for service and food and I'll definitely be back.

GenManManchester, General Manager at Scottish Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear Rosanna,

Thank you first of all for taking the time to attend our Restaurant Relaunch night and also for all your kind words they are appreciated as were the efforts of our team including Ryan who I see comes in for special praise.

We'd be delighted to see you back here soon.

All the very best and many thanks once again

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Whilst staying at the Macdonald Hotel and Spa my husband and I dined at the Scottish Steak Club. We were given a table with only a moments notice on our behalf and we were extremely grateful. We were given ample time to order our meal and starters without the constant interruptions you usually receive in a restaurant. My husband ordered the North Sea battered fish and chips and I had the Scottish beef skewers with blue cheese dip. When the meals arrived they were so beautifully presented we didn't want to eat them but hunger overcame us. The batter on the fish was so crispy and the chips were cooked to perfection. I don't often eat meat so was dubious about the skewers but they were fantastic. Never had beef like it, so soft and buttery. The service was smooth and staff were so friendly. Would recommend to everyone and anyone - the prices were very reasonable too. Would visit again for sure.

GenManManchester, General Manager at Scottish Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear Sara,

What a lovely review thank you it really is appreciated and it goes without saying that we'd be delighted to see you back here soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

It's become a 'no brainer', that every time we trip to Manchester (business or pleasure) we will always host at the Scottish......please trust me and try the Tempura battered Prawn lollipops followed by the RibEye (side of green salad and fresh Bearnaise sauce of course!!).....what a great night and all served by the amazing Gift (our beautiful Thai waitress). Many thanks!! See you soon.

GenManManchester, General Manager at Scottish Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Daniel,

Thank you once again for your kind review and continued loyalty it is really appreciated. I goes without saying that we look forward to your return and please be assured that I will pass on your kind comments to the team including Gift.

Many thanks once again

Reviewed June 23, 2014

This was the first time my wife and I had been to the restaurant but this certainly won't be the last. As it was a steakhouse there was only one thing to order and that was the Rib eye Steak with chips and my wife had the Fillet Steak. Although we both had a few envious looks as the food arrived we both got stuck into a fantastic meal. The service from the waiters was of the highest standard and so was the Sticky Toffee pudding.

Dear Steven,

Thank you and I'm so pleased that both you and your good lady enjoyed your steaks and dining experience.

Really pleased that you will be returning sometime soon.

All the very best