“NYE”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Grill
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Had a meal on NYE with my wife and friends. Service was a little slow as they were clearly understaffed and very busy. That said, the few staff they had were very good and the food was excellent. Really enjoyed the night, slow and relaxed.

GenManManchester, General Manager at Scottish Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Dear Rick,

Many thanks for your kind words and for your views. We were particularly busy and this may have impacted on service speed but as you mentioned our great team did manage to deliver our superb offering and I would like to thank you for highlighting this.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Had reservations for 7:30pm on New Year's Eve, arrived on time and were told abruptly to take a seat in a waiting area. Eventually taken to a table at 7:55pm (no drinks had been offered during the waiting period). We were asked if we wanted water and bread straight away, which we accepted, I can safely say this is the only efficient service received all evening.
At 8:30pm our order was eventually taken, at 9:10pm we received our main course (we didn't dare order starters), and eventually our plates were taken 25 minutes after we finished, at 10:00pm. We were asked at this point if we wanted a dessert menu, to which we said yes. When by 10:30pm we had still not received the menu (despite the fact there were numerous empty tables by now), we got up and left. We stated at the paying station that this was the worst meal experience in a long time, and we were given a 25% discount, this is the only reason the restaurant still gets 3 stars. That and the fact the fillet steak was to die for (although at £27.50 it should be).
Another bugbear is that half way into our main course, we noticed others being given the option of, and ordering from a set price menu, we were never given that option at all.
We were told when we complained that it was a common theme of the night, I just hope the restaurant learns from this that it cannot overbook on such a busy evening of the year, it was absolutely ridiculous!

Dear Perthite,

Thank you for your kind feedback and as with all of what we learn from our guests about their experience we will improve.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend took me to this restaurant for my birthday. We started with a drink in the bar at the hotel which was a really romantic spot. Dimly lit with candles on each table. We then made our way up to the steak club.

The staff were very attentive as soon as we got into the restaurant, it was my birthday and they brought over a plaque with some amazingly rich chocolate glaze and White icing wishing me a "Happy Birthday"

We shared the goats cheese, and red onion tart (£6.50) to start which was more than enough - too big for one person really! Absolutely delicious - perfectly crispy pastry, sweet onion and the rich salty warm goats cheese. Heaven!

We ordered a glass of wine (£6.50) each to go with our steaks - both of us ordered medium rare Rib Eye (£19.50) with Bearnaise sauce (£2.50) and some extra crispy onions rings (£3.25). The steak was perfectly cooked - soft and tender, literally melted in the mouth and the buttery bearnaise made it simply divine! The chips were crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, and the onion rings were spot on too.

We were too full to attempt a dessert but we did look and the usual suspects were on there!

My birthday at the steak club was perfect, the atmosphere and decor complimented the evening. The staff were lovely and very engaging - we will definitely go back for more of the same! Highly recommended especially if you are a big steak lover like myself!

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for your kind review it is appreciated and I can see that you know what quality ingredients, well cooked and presented looks like all delivered in a fabulous and friendly ambience.

Thank you and we look forward to your return sometime soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Attended with my gorgeous girly for her birthday - she's a steak-lover, so I'd done a bit of research as to where does a good slab of cow, and TSSC popped up. I hadn't heard of the restaurant before, but we're both willing to try new eateries, so gave it a shot.

Very friendly greeting from the restaurant manager, plus a cute 'Happy Birthday' plaque written in chocolate icing on our table. The layout was nice, and I liked how you can see the cooking area.

We shared the Goat's Cheese to start, which was perfectly flavoured and nicely presented. For our main, we both ordered Rib-Eye: m/r, with Béarnaise sauce. It came with chips, mushroom, and grilled tomato, too.

The steak was divine - soft throughout, tasty and tender, and the sauce was to-die-for; chips were lovely, too. My partner, who is somewhat of a steak connoisseur, was equally impressed.

All-in-all, a fantastic evening: food and service were excellent. We will definitely be returning.

Dear 51D,

So pleased that our great team added to your special night and that you enjoyed our offering and service.

Thank you! We look forward to your return.

kInd regards

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I've been to the Scottish steak restaurant with my wife to celebrate our anniversary and the food wad amazing and so was the staff, the maitre`d was very pleasant,he brought us a slate saying happy anniversary wich was a very nice touch,I recommend everyone to go and try it,no one will regret it.
Thanks to all the team, we will be coming back for sure

Dear Ben,

Many thanks and so pleased that we added to your special night and that you will be back here soon.