“Just a superb bar & restaurant”
Review of Revolucion De Cuba

Revolucion De Cuba
Ranked #151 of 2,370 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Revolución de Cuba Manchester is a stunning two floor cocktail bar and cantina just off Manchester's busy Deansgate. Drink, dine, relax and dream you're a world away. The exciting cocktail menu and our very special Cantina menu will take you straight to the heart of Cuban life. Live music and late night partying await in the downstairs Havana Club Room or sneak off to our exclusive Havana Club Bar and enjoy some of the world's finest rums with table service all night long.
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

This bar has to be one of my favourites in Manchester, the ambience is spot on. The bands that play there are brilliant & give the place a good vibe but there is still a great atmosphere when there is no live music. May wait a little while to get served a drink but it is worth the wait. The food is very good with a vast selection.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Lunched here with colleagues - good ambiance and fab decor. Ordered from their lunch menu - overall food was good but not quite hot enough, particularly the fries. I ordered a side salad - really fresh - good ingredients but the gloopy dressing should be on the side; really drowned the flavours of the salad. Also it lacked the avocado that was promised - a disappointment as I love it!

The staff were friendly and helpful but the service slow - fine if we were on a leisurely night out with the time to enjoy a couple of drinks/ Good job we were on an extended lunch break, if not it would have been a nightmare!

Will definitely try again though, look forward to going one evening - would imagine there would be a great atmosphere.

Robdecuba, Manager at Revolucion De Cuba, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Thanks for for the feedback on your recent visit to us - I am sorry to hear of the problems you encountered with your order from the lunch menu. Our salads are always prepped to order and would hate to think they have come out without the correct ingredients. Furthermore we do understand the time constraints placed on our lunch time customers and always aim to be as prompt as possibly with the delivery of the food.

Glad to hear you will be trying us again though, if you wish to book a table with us please email us on manchester@revoluciondecuba.com and I will ensure all is better on your next visit!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Visited here at lunchtime. Not the best start as the waitress showed us to our table, and although the place was pretty empty she put us right next to the only other couple in the place! Practically on their knee. However we asked of we could move to a more suitable table which was fab! The rest of the experience was fab. Great waiter (young man) and great food!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My friend and I had a lovely meal here last night: there was a very good live band, and the atmopshere was great. It was very busy for a Monday night, so I'd recommend booking is advance. The food was good, especially the tapas, which we shared for a starter. The cocktails were average, but they were buy one get one free in happy hour, so they were fine for the price. The prices are quite reasonable, but I'd recommend taking advantage of the offers: 5 tapas for £20, or 3 tapas for £12 all day every day, or £8.95 for a mojito and a (massive) burrito until 6pm. The staff were very friendly and helpful, but the service was a little slow, as I don't think that they really had enough staff on. I'll definitely be back.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Arrived on Saturday 23rd march about 2.30 pm.

I had been recommended by a work colleague and was excited to try what had been described to me as "awesome".

It was quite busy but it was Saturday afternoon in Manchester so no shock there.

We waited 25 minutes to order some food, I had been to the bar to get my own drinks as we were bored of waiting.

The food eventually arrived, 3 small plates for £12 it was tepid at best. I had to get more drinks myself again from the bar.

To cut a long story short we ended up leaving the money on the table as we received no service from the floor staff, had tried to get the bill for approx 15 mins.

In short lots of managers doing nothing & waiters disinterested. All in all not a great experience.

Will not ever return & will NEVER recommend to anyone.