“A change from the norm!”
Review of Revolucion De Cuba

Revolucion De Cuba
Ranked #151 of 2,345 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Revolución de Cuba Manchester is a stunning two floor cocktail bar and cantina just off Manchester's busy Deansgate. Drink, dine, relax and dream you're a world away. The exciting cocktail menu and our very special Cantina menu will take you straight to the heart of Cuban life. Live music and late night partying await in the downstairs Havana Club Room or sneak off to our exclusive Havana Club Bar and enjoy some of the world's finest rums with table service all night long.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We ate here on Saturday afternoon having passed the restaurant a few times when staying opposite at the Radisson. At lunch we more often than not eat at the vodka Revolution off Deansgate. Wanting only a small lunch really and opted for the Burrito & Mojito £8.95................ it was huge to say the least!!!. Packed full as well not an air pocket in sight, lovely and fresh ingredients inside. The Mojito was great also, so good in fact we opted to have another cocktail after the lunch so we could sit and let the food digest. We both said that it was one of the nicest lunches we have had for a long time served by attentive staff in a lovely non imposing setting. We will be back.

Robdecuba, Manager at Revolucion De Cuba, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Hi!

Thanks for scoring us highly in your recent review - it is always great to hear such positive feedback from a customer, particularly as this was your first time dining with us!

With so many great places to eat in Manchester its nice to hear you rate our lunch service so highly.

Thanks again!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I were visiting Manchester for a night and called in to Revolucian De Cuba for a quick drink the staff were amazing, helpful, friendly and knowledgeable, the manager even helped us by ordering a taxi so we could get to our hotel.

Our cocktails were excellent and the atmosphere was vibrant. This is a must visit location if your in Manchester.

Anything we can do to help guys!

Hope you get chance to come back on your next visit to the city!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Went for a friends birthday - had a lot of rum cocktails - which where fun - got silly - put on a novelty hat they gave me - overall had fun. Ate very bad food! Go with a gang of loud attractive ladies and you will have fun! Not one for dour beardy trendies!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Having visited Revolucion de Cuba in my home city of Sheffield many times (It’s my favourite bar there) I knew that there was also one in Manchester but didn’t know where. That was until today when my mum and I went to Manchester Opera House to see a musical, and passed it on our way from Oxford Road Station. We hadn’t got time to go in before the show, but we got out around 17:00 and passed again, until I pointed out it was happy hour (17:00-19:00). With cocktails 2 for 1 we figured that it was as good place to stop off for a quiet couple of drinks before catching the train home.

Walking into the place, it’s difficult to believe you’re still in Manchester. The look and atmosphere are great and you just feel as if you’ve been transported to somewhere by far more exotic. We ordered drinks at the bar, the staff were very friendly and all in all we were made to feel very welcome. The cocktails are fantastic and the selection is very good if you’re a rum lover, although admittedly a bit (ok, very) limited if you’re not such a fan.

We hadn’t intended to have food, but we figured that we would be home relatively late and that eating was probably a good idea, and so between the two of us we decided to take advantage of the 5 tapas for £20 offer. There was a little bit of a wait for food (again, something we’re used to from Sheffield-this seems to be fairly standard) and when it came one of our dishes was wrong. Not wanting to make a fuss, and as we both liked the alternative dish we chose not to mention it. As it happens though, we didn’t need to. Our waitress came out a few minutes later having realised the mistake herself and brought the correct dish, allowing us to keep the other one too. The food was well worth the wait, and all six dishes that we had were just absolutely delicious (I particularly recommend the Albondigas and Chcken Rumba Skewers).

Having had high expectations from Revolucion de Cuba back at home we were definitely not disappointed. The cocktails are fantastic, albeit very pricey if there aren’t offers on, and although there can be a bit of a wait for food it really is incredible and well worth the wait. For 2 cocktails each and 6 tapas between us (admittedly it should have been 5) it cost around £35. At that we really couldn’t complain, and it made a great end to a good day out. Would certainly recommend the place to anyone, especially when there’s 2 for 1 cocktails involved!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I've been to Revolución De Cuba many times to use the bar, and I cannot fault it, as long as you like rum! Luckily my partner and I are partial to rum and as far as bars go, this is our fave place in Manchester. Especially on a Sunday (live music and 241 cocktails)
HOWEVER, food service is terrible. We just wanted something quick before going to the cinema, however we were told that you can't order food at the bar and you have to be shown to a table and have your order taken. Which we thought was fine, we paid for our drinks and a waitress showed us to a table (well, she told us to sit at any unreserved table). We then waited 25 minutes of sitting there without a sign of the waitress we decided to give up and just have another drink.
Good thing we gave up when we did because the menu on the table next to us was had caught fire from one of the candles and no-one had seemed to notice, I took it outside and put it out. God knows what would have happened if I hadn't!!