“Fab! Just don't expect crab!”
Review of Mud Crab Cafe - CLOSED

Mud Crab Cafe
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fab! Just don't expect crab!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This is a cool American Diner experience. The staff are really welcoming, friendly and efficient. The menu ranges from shared dishes to pizza and to burgers. We selected the build your own and I have to say mine was delicious. There are plenty of options to choose from and if two patties aren't enough, then you can opt for three. The onion rings were the size of my head, but melted in the mouth and had a little spice to them. The portions are very generous and reasonable. I loved the little quirky touches, for example sauces brought in dog bowls and we had a car on our table! There's outdoor seating too and I suspect this will be popular in the summer as the cocktail menu is extensive. Will be back.

• Visited April 2014

Stafford, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Very pleasant lunch, friendly staff, nice surroundings, delicious macaroni and one of our party declared his dirty burger to be the best he'd ever had. Look forward to a return visit and I would recommend.

Visited March 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
““Very nice meal””
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We called in for a late lunch and both thoroughly enjoyed our meals. I actually had a burger as the guy on the next table had one and it looked excellent - mine was!! The staff were attentive and friendly and were always checking back with us to make sure all was well. so well done excellent service lovely food.

• Visited April 2014
Stockport
“Delicious”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Have been three times recently and all experiences good. Favourite dishes so far are the duck hash and the macaroni. The pulled pork taco was just ok. I love the presentation and flavours, dressings are lovely. Nice wine and decent service were enjoyed as well, we will be back.

• Visited March 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Good food, poor veggie options”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Visited with a friend. Love the surroundings, great environment, well decorated.

The menu was the downside. First of all it was quite difficult to understand from the layout, especially with their burgers. It took my friend a while to figure it out!

Secondly, and this was my main issue, and the reason why I would hesitant to come back was the lack of veggie options. I can tell you them off by heart as there was only two of them. A goats cheese and pepper pizza and an aubergine and puy lentil bake. No burger, no different pizza.
Sadly I was disappointed by this.

On the plus side my pudding which was a nice cream cone with two scoops for £3.50 was lovely and it was nice to have some pudding options which were not £5!!

Visited March 2014