“Mudcrab @ Grinch”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had the 'dirty burger' which was topped with cheese, pulled pork with a homemade bbq sauce.
The burger was slightly too well done and the sauce was a little too spicy. Good amount of chips which were very good.
For dessert I had choc sunday, this was okay - presentation was not the best (just a small glass making it appear much smaller than it actually was), the only other comment on it would be that it was described as having a 'hot choc sauce' but it was cold.

Overall I enjoyed the food but I was expecting a little bit better., few tweeks and it could easily be 4 stars.

There are newer reviews for Mud Crab Cafe

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have been to mudcrab 3 times now so thought it was time to give a review.
All three experiences were very similar - Excellent service, enjoyed the decor and atmosphere, always seems to be busy, well presented food and good all round experience. The only let down for me was the actual food. I have tried the seabass, crab linguine and the aubergine cottage pie and all have been average. Was highly excited about the crab linguine but was disapointed with it, as was another member of the party. We were expecting more chunks of crab but it was more a crab flavoured sauce/stock. More sweet chilly would have been good, there was a very small amount that only covered a few mouthfulls. Hard to finish as it tastes quite bland and samey. This would have been fine if it was priced accordingly. Same with the seabass, its not the best I have tasted, was a little dry and on the small side portion wise. Again this would be fine had it been priced appropriately. As for the aubergine puy lentil cottage pie - that was ok.
I think maybe I am choosing the wrong dishes OR maybe they should stick to doing the burgers, which they seem to do well from other peoples comments.
Living so close to mudcrab, I am not going to give up on it yet, but think I will steer away from the mains and try out the breakfast and lunches next time.
Excellent service, presentation and atmosphere makes it hard to give up on it. Think they should reconsider their prices to avoid disappointment.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We eat in the mud crab all the time and the burgers are the best I have ever had. We were so impressed with the place after it opened that we had our Xmas do in there too and again the food and service was excellent.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We regularly go to mud crab and thought it only fair to complete a review :)
The burgers are the soooo nice as is the pulled pork and the mac and cheese. They do the nicest desserts try the baked alaska! As for the reminder on the menu about kids i think people have taken it the wrong way... i don't think it was meant to cause offense i have been there when its been busy, the lights dimmed and kids have been running around- the chairs are different heights/hot food and drinks being carried in a darkened interior think its more for safety than any thing else...i dont think people should dwell on it....the food is good and not over priced at all especially for didbury, unprentious,the atmosphere is casual/relaxed after work vibe!and the service is attentive and friendly. Oh and for the reviewer before- they do have chicken wings :) yum yum.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Visited here with the family yesterday and I won't be visiting again. Not good value in fact expensive for what you got and very bland tasting food.