“Couldn't have enjoyed it more.”
Review of Mama Flo's - CLOSED

Mama Flo's
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Just left Mamma Flo's, what a great place.

Two of us, ribs to start, Jerk Chicken & Curry Goat rice & pea for mains.

Well, wow, curry goat was the best I've ever had, the jerk chicken, spicy fall off the bone great.

Great value, Mamma Flo is a star, place was busy even at 9pm on a Monday. A really very good place to eat.

Enjoyed it so much I can't wait to return & have taken some take-away for tomorrow's tea!

In case you can't tell, loved this place!

To note & enjoy!

2  Thank schfc6
Florence C, Manager at Mama Flo's, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

I take this special moment to thank those beautiful couple that came to the restaurant to dine thanks for your comments I hope to see you soon God bless mama .

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stumbled upon Mama Flo's restaurant browsing TripAdvisor......
Looking at the reviews we decided to give it a go, a cuisine my fiance was looking forward to trying out!
Phone Mama up to reserve a table, she greeted the phone Very friend and enthusiastic, i instantly thought this is going to be one fun night.

We arrived at the restaurant which looked very nicely and colorful lit from outside (People, the pictures on TripAdvisor do not do it justice!!!) Walked in and this lovely lady welcomed us, with a beaming smile.

We where sat down, and she took out drink orders, we where decided to start with something really Caribbean which was one of Mamas homemade punches! They where lovely and freshly made by Mama!

We choose Ribs and Chicken wings for starters both lovely and the meat just fell of the bone! seriously people, i didn't even have to pull it off!

For mains we had Chicken Jerk ( you just have to) and Chicken brown stew.
Both has really rich gorgeous flavors, it was obvious this was made by someone with a love for food! We licked our plate clean at the end and i was even tempted to eat the bones as it wouldn't have surprised me if that contained a lot of flavor!! lol
All meals come with rice and peas and Mama even gave us some steamed vedg with our dinners!

We where keen to have dessert, however that was before we eaten the main courses, which left us totally full and to the point my buttons where going to pop off my shirt!

Price for dinner was absolutely amazing, all in all it cost us under 30 quid!!!! I decided to give 20% tip because of the sheer work this lady puts into our night, and ensured we had an amazing experience!

Just so you know Mamma hasn't got a alcohol license so you are welcome to bring your own alcohol!!

Mamma i will be back very soon!!

Much love

Rob

2  Thank robben1985

To a loyal customer saying foodie haven I love that heading .ask me why because I am so comfortable and happy keeping it simple nice and clean spending so many hours here working and preparing those beautiful dishes for you and all the other customers its paradise please call again thank you so much god bless mama .

Reviewed September 1, 2013

News of the fantastic flavours and charismatic service at Mama Flo's had filtered across from Manchester to the Wirral. So we thought we drive across and check out if all we had heard was true.

We arrived to find a very small restaurant decorated as homage to Bob Marley but a very big and warm welcome from Mama Flo. She dutifully went through the menu items for us newbies to Bajun food making her recommendations.
As it was our first time we wanted to try a good variety so went for the Saltfish fritters (not for me with strong fishy aftertaste even though I love fish); Oxtail and Beans (so tender and packed with flavour I choose the cows feet at first but took onboard her suggestion to start with the oxtail as I was a first-timer); Ribs (again fantastically tender, which fell off the bone and had the most intense Smokey sweet flavour) and the Jerked chicken (which was hotter than we expected even after Mama Flo had warned us). The vegetarians in our party went for the Vegetable pasties but were informed to call her before we come again so she could do them something more adventurous.
The meals came with rice & peas, steamed vegetables and fried plantains which like the main meals were freshly cooked and full of flavour.
A great first meal in truly authentic Caribbean restaurant but certainly not our last.
Irie!!

1  Thank kurt-tranmere
Florence C, Manager at Mama Flo's, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Mama flo would like to thank all these wonderful and dedicated customers for all the beautiful comments I would also like to give god the praise for the strength to work seven days to create all these wonderful dishes thanks once more again

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were trying to get onto the curry mile for a meal but, it being the end of Eid, the place was totally packed and Wilmslow Road gridlocked. Quick u-turn, up through Longsight and heading for Gorton. Mama Flo's looked so welcoming we thought we'd give it a try. Mama Flo's welcome is as warm as her smile and her food is fantastic! The three of us had two curried steaks and a jerk chicken, all with rice and peas. The meals were fantastic and were washed down with glasses of Mama Flo's home made punch - all for a very good price. We'll be back, and we're under orders from Mama to try the Jerk Chicken!

1  Thank HeathL587
Florence C, Manager at Mama Flo's, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review I hope you have a lovely Christmas see you next year love mama god bless

Reviewed August 30, 2013

From the moment you walk in you can smell pure pleasure. Then your welcomed by a gorgeous vibrant smile mama flo n daughter so delightful and they make you feel right at home. The freshly made food was out of this world I just couldnt get enough and the complementary chicken soup is to die for!!!! Mama flo will make you keep coming back for more I guarantee and highly recommend :-D

Lovely to have you in I hope to see you soon thank you so so much for a positive feedback have a lovely Christmas god bless mama