“Amazing food from an unassuming restaurant.”
Review of 2 Kozy Bar and Restaurant - CLOSED

2 Kozy Bar and Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We went here through using a voucher from Groupon. My partner and I went on a friday night. I wasn't expecting much as to be honest the name sounds like a kebab shop and the positioning of the door made it difficult to even get in. When we arrived we were the only people in there! We give each other a look like 'what is this going to be like?'
When my starter of chilli beef came out I was amazed, the chef is obviously very talented. The menu wasn't that special but it was some of the best food I have ever tasted (and I like good food!). The fillet steak that I got for my main was perfectly done and the whole meal was amazing. Luckily the restaurant had started filling up as we were in there. Overall its a shame that its such a quiet place as the food is ridiculously good. I personally think they could tweek the name to something more classier to attract more people and a sign on king street making it clear where it is would avoid customers walking past and going to the many other restaurants around that area.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a fabulous meal at this restaurant courtesy of a Groupon voucher,what a lovely hidden little gem of a place.The food was out of this world and we both agreed it was one of the best meals we had ever had in a restaurant.
We visited on Good Friday and was amazed at how quiet it was,it deserves to be much busier,the service was impeccable,the food amazing and the drinks unbelievably cheap and good value,they even do two for one deals on the cocktails of the day,so we gave these a go and they were beautiful,we could have stayed longer quite easily but we had booked in elsewhere for sunset and cocktails ( which were nowhere near as nice as the cocktails here).This restaurant also does evening meal deals and is in an ideal location for a pre-theatre meal.
We will most definately be back in the very near future!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I've already reviewed 2 Kozy, but I feel it's well worthy of another review. Once again we enjoyed excellent food and great value for money.
I'm amazed that the staff say it's not always full. Once again I'll compare 2 Kozy with Pizza Express, which is opposite and absolutely heaving!! There is no comparison - value for money and great food at 2 Kozy outweighs the competition every time! And look out for Groupon vouchers - that makes 2 Kozy even better value.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

We bought a groupon voucher for this restaurant the menu was ok but the food let it down big time. The starters were ok I had chilli prawns my husband had sticky beef. The mains were a big let down my husband asked for the fillet steak when it came it was a rib eye steak which is fine but the waitress never said why , but it was tasteless , I ordered the fish which was suppose to come with lyonnaise potatoes but they were just potatos which had been fried with onions when the plate was put down all you could smell was fish which we all know if you can smell it like that its past its best it wasn't nice at all. I certainly would not reccomend the place and I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Have now visited this restaurant on two occasions, one midweek and one weekend, and have not been disappointed on either occasion. Very welcoming and attentive staff, really tasty food and quality service. We even had the good fortune last friday night (May 9th) to be crooned by a fine singer which added to the occasion. The friday was a groupon deal but the choice of meals was good and drinks were not at all expensive. A litre of quaffable house red was £12.99, brilliant value. Find this place and enjoy it!

1  Thank Trevor G