“Better than the Beefeater”
Review of Christie Fields

Christie Fields
Ranked #493 of 2,261 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Great pub food in a place you'll love. A Table Table pub restaurant is the perfect place to get together with family and friends.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Better than the Beefeater”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Having been to the Beefeater near Manchester Airport we were a bit dubious about this place which is similar in style. However we were pleasently surprised, service was delievered with a friendly smile and nothing was too much, food was average but a fair price so couldn't complain. Much better choice than the Beefeater and slightly cheaper so for a couple of miles further down the road rather pay a bit more in petrol as food was much better.

• Visited April 2013

“Cheap cheap cheap (ingredients)”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Xmas lunch
Microwaved tasteless boring no atmosphere staff generally very good was just so cheap tasting like a glorified frozen ready roast you get but bit better. Not worth 40 quid each. Was my fault last resort. Won't go back. Also ask for no ice in your drink or you'll get a glass of ice with a spoonful of pop. It annoyed me they served us the more expensive bottle diet coke when didn't ask. Blatantly management instruction.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank hfftgccxxde
lincolnshire
“Terrible!!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We went here for dinner one night and had steak. The food is appaling. Firstly the place was empty and they oohed and ahhed about weather there was a table and secondly the food was microwaved rubbish. For the price you could go anywhere else in Didsbury and get MUCH better food! You have been warned!

• Visited February 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food ok / service shocking”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We came here after a four hour drive and checking into the Premier Inn.
Hungry was not the word for it.

At first we waited for 5mins for someone to ask if we wanted a table.
Taken to table and asked if we wanted drinks whilst we looked at menu. Yes please.
10mins later still no drinks.

Another waitress asked if we wanted something, drinks please.
5 mins later they arrived.

Table opposite was full of extended family who had to ask to have their table cleared and then had to ask for their sweets.

15 min later still no sweets and they had to seek out the staff to ask for them.
All tables were full of empty glasses and dirty plates.
Even when tables were cleared, the plates were just moved to a tray stand at the side of the table and not taken away.

When our food arrived it was really very nice.

Ordered sweet and waited and waitress came back, realised she had forgotten to place the order and told us she had forgotten.
We were now the only people in the place.

Came to pay but machine wasn't working and had to go to bar.
Bar staff ignored me completely, seemed to be sorting out his tips or cash back for himself. Manager walked passed us, as did another member of staff but none of them acknowledged us or asked if they could help.

I eventually asked if I could pay someone, the guy at the bar asked his colleague to do it but she told him to do it.

By this point I told them that I'd they didn't want my money then fine.

I have never reviewed anywhere and it is rambling like a mofo but I cannot stress how annoyed I was with the service I received here.

Waitress staff were really very pleasant but ineffectual, food was good but overall experience was very poor which is a real shame.

Sorry.

• Visited December 2012
Manchester
“Wow”
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Went for the 3 course sunday lunch.12.99 and worth every penny..me and wife really enjoyed the starters,mains and pudding..laura our waitress is a credit to this pub.no wonder she was employee of the month..will be back again shortly...