“Visit to the spa was third rate in a municipal swimming pool kind of way”
Review of Claretys - CLOSED

Claretys
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I visited the spa with a friend on 11.01.14 after purchasing Living Social vouchers. We were greeted in the spa by a grumpy brusque Irish lady who showed me into the spa area and instructed me to get changed next to the lockers. I asked where the changing cubicles were and was advised that if I wanted a cubicle I would have to use the toilet cubicle. Both toilet cubicles proved to be grubby, unhygienic, lacked toilet tissue and was finished off with an overflowing sanitary bins in both - quite appalling. The floors throughout the area were flooded for the whole time I was there.
The pool is probably about 30 cm deep and the spa pool toxic with chlorine which made everyone's eyes burn.
The spa treatments by Nadia were excellent and she is clearly a highly skilled practitioner and well worth the money!!
Trying to get dressed after a shower was a challenge as one of the staff from reception saw fit to bring a maintenance man through the ladies communal changing room whilst we were dressing. The final out lay did not work out cheaper than the usual cost and they had the cheek to charge a "Saturday surcharge" and £5 for the cost of a robe. Overall the standard was third rate and I wouldn't go near the place again, in fact it has discouraged me from using Living Social again as well.

3  Thank atkinsons6062

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We visited Spa 303 today, but I don,t know if I would go again!! The staff were so lovely,but the pool area needs a clean up. There were no robes ( yes I did ask) , no drinking cups for water, no changing rooms- people were getting undressed in the 2 toilets,the jacuzzi was'nt working. The worst part of all this was that I had to go to the spa desk to ask when we were due for our treatments, only realising that I had to go in my towel wrapped around me and then 2 workmen walked past me. I had high expectations of The Hilton Spa 303, and I felt very let down. It was quite chilly where the lockers were too. However our therapist was so nice and that area was lovely. The Hilton needs a big revamp in the Spa area.

2  Thank Greenyer25
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We visited the Spa during a 3 day stay at the Hilton and had the afternoon daycation package. I was really nervous after reading the reviews as they all seemed quite negative.

In fairness - the staff at Spa 303 do what they can with the facilities they have. There are no relaxation rooms prior to treatments which is disappointing but they dont actually have the room to accomodate it.

We didnt have an explanation of what to expect on arrival and therefore missed out on the afternoon tea included in the package however the treatments themselves were good and the staff were all polite and friendly.

If you want more from a spa facility then i suggest a visit to a spa which is the focal point of a hotel's facilities and not an added extra. This way you can have the overall spa experience with all of the specialist treatment you are looking for. As a couple on an executive stay at the hotel it was a nice add on to the trip.

The three course meal included at the hotel's Podium restaurant topped it off nicely and really ensured that we got value for money from our. The restaurant staff gave us 5* treatment and really made us feel special.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

On arrive I was greeted with a towel and ice water (nice :D)
Then i was pleasantly Introduced to my masseuse, before being led for my treatment.
The whole experience was superb and very satisfying,
The use of the gym, pool, sauna jacuzzi AND steam were definite winners too haha.

Til next tiiiiiime :) Xx