“Excellent treatments and service in a relaxing environment - totally recommend.”
Review of Claretys - CLOSED

Claretys
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I travel frequently with work, to help relax I always make use of the spa in my hotel. I stayed for the first time this week at this hotel. I visited the Spa the day after I checked in fearing they would not be able to accommodate me at such short notice. Gillian the Spa Manager worked her magic; I was booked in for a facial and a massage that very afternoon. When I arrived for my appointment I was made comfortable, offered a drink and asked to complete the usual questionnare. The therapy room was spotless, calming and comfortable. My therapist was lovely explaining things gently and quitely as she went along. My facial was great and my massage excellent; so much so I booked in the following day for another massage. I am still feeling the benefits of all three of my treatments. I have visited many a hotel spa on my travels and have never been moved to recommend any on Trip Advisor. I make an exception in this case. My trips to this spa were well worth it and I recommend you give it a try if you are visiting Manchester/staying in this hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Manchester, United Kingdom
“great present”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I'd been given a gift of a spa day with 2 treatments for spa303 in the Hilton. Delighted with my gift I wanted to use it straight away. I had to wait a few weeks before they could fit me in. When I made the appointment I was told what I should bring on the day and what I would find there. I was advised to use the facilities before having any treatment and was glad they told me this as I wouldn't want to use the pool after having a lovely facial. On to the treatments. I was brought into a relaxing room where the therapist informed of the treatments I was due to have and asked me did I have any concerns or questions? I was then given time to get ready for the treatments to start. I chose a facial and massage. The facial was wonderful, she diagnosed my skin and then choose the most suitable products and my skin felt really soft afterwards and glowing. The massage focused on back of the neck and shoulders. I've never had a massage to so had nothing to compare it too but I fell asleep so I guess this means I was completely relaxed. I felt really chilled out after the treatments and a general feeling of well being for the rest of the afternoon. The therapist that looked after me gave me some after care advice for the rest of the day and any staff I came across were professional and friendly. Overall I had a really enjoyable experience and would definitely come back

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An experience NOT to be repeated or recommended”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The only advantage to this birthday treat was our low expectation after checking out the other reviews. Once we knew not to expect the luxury of a proper spa we felt we couldn't be too disappointed. When our choice of 3 basis treatments per person was discussed, they did offer a more bespoke option for one of the party but that was not taken up.
The package offered tint treatments which we realised they couldn't carry without a prior patch test. Some of the group had massages and found it enjoyable but my manicure was very poor and after 24hours every nail had chipped. Choice of varnish was fairly limited. The therapist constantly checked her fob watch and was clearly trying to cut corners. She carried out an eye treatment without giving me any information on what she was doing - I had to ask when she had finished. She wasn't unpleasant - she just needed to improve her interactions with the customer and be a little more thorough.
The staff member who sat at the reception desk was most unprofessional. She told me that one of the party didn't have enough on her card to pay and that our deal was only for 2 treatments.
This was totally incorrect and she should not have been discussing that with anyone other than the person she was referring to who had booked and paid for the deal as a surprise treat!!
Also, 2 party members sat in the Jacuzzi and on getting out realised that all their silver jewellery was tarnished. Another customer in the changing rooms was also shocked that it had happened to her bracelets. There was no sign displayed to warn of this problem. When we tried to highlight this issue to the male fitness trainer on the desk before we left, his somewhat dim-witted response was 'Yes, I know it does that to some jewellery'. He seemed unable to grasp the idea that it was meant as NEGATIVE critique and an appropriate sigh may be the way to resolve it.!
It really shouldn't be too difficult to make the improvements needed to get better feedback:-
1- WELCOME ALL CUSTOMERS IMMEDIATELY WITH EITHER A ROBE OR TOWEL AND OFFER A CHOICE OF COLD DRINKS
2- ENSURE THERAPISTS ARE EXPLAINING TREATMENTS TO CUSTOMERS
3- DON'T CUT CORNERS ON TREATMENTS
4- LISTEN TO CUSTOMER FEEDBACK AND ACT ON IT
5- EMPLOY AN EXPERIENCED MANAGER
6- STOP CALLING IT A SPA UNTIL IT IS A SPA (and it patently isn't at the moment!)
To summarise -
Not worth a visit unless you only want a basic massage.
The 'deals' are only good value when treatments are carried out properly.
I agree with most of the negative feedback but I did find that all areas appeared to be fairly clean.

2 Thank prudence2468
Manchester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Terrible Experience”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Myself and 2 friends booked a spa day through Living Social including 2 treatments I use the term day in the loosest sense of the world as they do not have the facilities to support anyone being there for a full day. Starting with the facilities this is not a spa it is a hotel gym and pool with a treatment room 2 sunloungers for everyone to use seeing as there was 3 of us we were already a bt stuck if we wanted to sit down and there were then obviously other users there. The steam room was out of order and we werent told that when we booked in and we were also charged a £10 supplement to use the offer at a weekend and this hadnt been advised when we booked. We arrived 20 minutes before our first treatment it took so long to get booked in that we were nearly at tretment time by the time we got to the changing rooms. The receptionist was very bossy trying to hurry us into the room as I explained I wanted to get changed into my bikini as didnt want to have a massage in my jeans! Had to go back to ask for a towel was told very rudely 'robes are not provided as part of the offer' and the toilets had no toilet paer in them.
Treatments were basic. the facial i hate I came out with full mascara left on and cleaneser and scrub not washed off properly. I had paid £10 for an eye treament which involved rubbing somethig that smelt like vicks into my eye leaving for a minute and failing to wash off propely! my skin felt tacky and like it needed a clean after and also the traetments did not last an hour. facilities wise the staff allshare the same very small chagning room with guests which doesnt seem very professional and a window had smashed in the hlilton so there was broken glass lying over the roof of the pool. In summary no value for money, rubbish service and treatments avoid at all costs! I thnk the fact that the Spa have never responded to negative comments on here speaks volumes!!!!

1 Thank Manctravellers99
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent massage at Spa 303”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had the luxury of a hot oils and stones massage as a birthday present from a friend. All round excellent: helpful staff, lovely atmosphere, excellent massage. I can't comment on value for money as I wasn't paying, but would recommend the experience.