“Terrible Experience”

Claretys
Manchester
“Terrible Experience”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Myself and 2 friends booked a spa day through Living Social including 2 treatments I use the term day in the loosest sense of the world as they do not have the facilities to support anyone being there for a full day. Starting with the facilities this is not a spa it is a hotel gym and pool with a treatment room 2 sunloungers for everyone to use seeing as there was 3 of us we were already a bt stuck if we wanted to sit down and there were then obviously other users there. The steam room was out of order and we werent told that when we booked in and we were also charged a £10 supplement to use the offer at a weekend and this hadnt been advised when we booked. We arrived 20 minutes before our first treatment it took so long to get booked in that we were nearly at tretment time by the time we got to the changing rooms. The receptionist was very bossy trying to hurry us into the room as I explained I wanted to get changed into my bikini as didnt want to have a massage in my jeans! Had to go back to ask for a towel was told very rudely 'robes are not provided as part of the offer' and the toilets had no toilet paer in them.
Treatments were basic. the facial i hate I came out with full mascara left on and cleaneser and scrub not washed off properly. I had paid £10 for an eye treament which involved rubbing somethig that smelt like vicks into my eye leaving for a minute and failing to wash off propely! my skin felt tacky and like it needed a clean after and also the traetments did not last an hour. facilities wise the staff allshare the same very small chagning room with guests which doesnt seem very professional and a window had smashed in the hlilton so there was broken glass lying over the roof of the pool. In summary no value for money, rubbish service and treatments avoid at all costs! I thnk the fact that the Spa have never responded to negative comments on here speaks volumes!!!!

1 Thank Manctravellers99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent massage at Spa 303”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had the luxury of a hot oils and stones massage as a birthday present from a friend. All round excellent: helpful staff, lovely atmosphere, excellent massage. I can't comment on value for money as I wasn't paying, but would recommend the experience.

Burnley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very poor”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I booked a spa day for my friends birthday, we went on the 8th June, it was so bad it was laughable, the spa which I don't think can be called a spa, was tiny, the communal areas were not clean, the lockers looked old and tatty. I expected it to be modern, trendy, inviting.....it's none of these.

Mine and my friends treatments were done in the same room!! Outraged that they never checked that we would be ok with that before the treatments commenced! I've never had that in the 10 years I've been visiting spas, never mind at what is meant to be a top hotel!

The treatments themselves were ok but having another treatment being carried out next to you is off putting and killed any sort of relaxing mood.

When I complained to the Spa Manager, I found her to be a bit cocky, it felt like she wanted to win the debate rather than please the customer!

Please do not waste your money here, I would have complained if this spa was at a 2* hotel, it just adds insult to injury that this spa is inside a luxury hotel.

1 Thank KatieWill82
“Spa - Don't Bother!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We booked a Spa day and meal (at Podium) using an offer we had found. The receptionist hadn't turned up at the Spa, so the guys from the gym did their best but we had no towels (we helped ourselves from behind the counter!), and we had to pretty much tackle someone walking past to get robes and slippers (a must in a Spa). We had booked a 45 minute massage which was good but we were short changed by 15 mins as the girl doing it was running late. We then had use of the facilities which are sadly lacking; a small pool, a sauna and steam room. The pool has a Jacuzzi which is nice but only has 2 loungers so you have no-where to relax if you're not in the pool etc. Luckily the meal at Podium made up for it. The waiters couldn't have been more helpful and the meal was fantastic. So a 2 for the Spa but 5/5 for Podium.

2 Thank Lucy M
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic experience - highly recommend”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My sister bought me a 45 minute massage as a birthday present at Spa 303. I have never had any kind of treatment before, and have to say that I was slightly apprehensive about the whole experience. As soon as I arrived, I was greeted by a friendly receptionist, who made me feel at home and comfortable. The treatment itself was amazing! I was asked about my eating and sleeping habits, and given advice/told off for not drinking enough water throughout the day! Afterwards, I felt completely relaxed. Although I have nothing to compare Spa303 against, they have definitely quashed my fear of massages - and I will be back there soon! I have bought my sister a treatment there in return.

Visited May 2013